Do WoW players enjoy travelling?

#1 - March 13, 2013, 7:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is a question thats been on my mind for a few years now. Why is it that I see many players defending having to travel so much in WoW (note: this is not a rant, merely an observation). Now I understand exploring and that a whole different matter but going to the same place time and time again is what my question is about.

During the discussions in the forums regarding topics like [Have Group Will Travel] and FP's, I see a lot of players using the terms "back in Vanilla". So is nostalgia the reason why people enjoy it?

Also I see many complain about flying mounts. Why are they against them? I'd say 99% of the time players DON'T HAVE to fly yet they want the whole thing removed.

So my questions are:
1- Do WoW players enjoy travelling in game and if so why?

2- If there are ways to make travelling easier yet not mandatory, why are you against others being able to use it even though you yourself have the option whether to use it or not?

(again note: this is more to understand the reasons and is not intended for a rant)
Forum Avatar
Community
#38 - March 15, 2013, 11:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
13/03/2013 21:24Posted by Elenna
So my questions are:1- Do WoW players enjoy travelling in game and if so why?

Yes, because I get to see the world very closely.

I can personally agree with this one. I may have travelled through some zones many times, but I still enjoy the improved sense of immersion I get when travelling through Azeroth for whatever reason.

Also, I find that investing in my characters have become more fun as an indirect result of the travelling times, simply because I have to choose more carefully when prioritising what things I need to do and when I need to do them. Basically travelling makes character progression more interesting to me, because the increased need to plan also helps to make each goal I achieve feel more rewarding :-)