TwizzCast Live with Greg Street Wed, 6:30 pm

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - March 13, 2013, 2:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello all,

Tomorrow night we'll be putting the good folks over at TwizzCast on the phone with lead systems designer Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street. Following up on the developer interviews conducted just prior to patch 5.2's release, Greg will be talking a little about his initial impressions of the patch after its first week on live realms, in addition to fielding questions submitted to the TwizzCast team by players.

Suggesting Questions
If you have any questions you'd like to see the TwizzCast crew ask Greg in the interview, you can submit them the following ways:

Tuning in Live
You can catch this special episode of TwizzCast live on http://twitch.tv/TwizzCast 6:30-7:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time Wednesday, March 13. While the interview will be made available shortly after the broadcast concludes, we'd love to have you tune in live and join the twitch chat room! While sitting in on the call next to Greg, I'll also be in the chat room with one or two of my community manager cohorts to talk to viewers during the interview.

Knowing the Format
Please keep in mind that this is a live podcast interview and not a community Q&A. While TwizzCast staff is collecting questions from the community, all questions will be determined and prepared in advance, and they will not be able to cover everything in 30 minutes. What questions are chosen is at the sole discretion of Twizz, Reb and Martiean, and the three of them are hard at work ensuring this interview will be well worth everyone's attention. :)

I hope to see you in the chat tomorrow evening!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - March 13, 2013, 7:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I just want to say Greg must really love his job and the community because he puts up with a lot of crap and yet he STILL does things like this for the community that tends to not be so nice in return. Just want to say thank you!

I sincerely appreciate you saying that! I put a lot of effort and care into setting up interviews, Q&As, and other opportunities to share information with the community in coordination with our fansites. One aspect that makes me really love what I do though, is that Greg, Cory, Ion, Dave, Tom and the rest of the developers are very enthusiastic about being given opportunities in their busy schedules to engage with the community.

With their eager cooperation, I look forward to further extending the ways in which we can reach our audience in a more candid manner. :)

Meh..

Edit: Stuff like this doesn't impress me much.

Thanks to the good folks over at twizzcast for ...filtering out what the players really want to say to GC, without Blizz having to be on the hook for the filter..... errrr um I mean thanks for hosting this event.

....And then there's this stuff. There's just no pleasing some people. Even after 6 years of community management with Blizzard, I'm still perplexed by this type of utterly and stubbornly misguided negativity.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - March 13, 2013, 3 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, in order to ask questions we have to go somewhere else to post them? Dumb.

No. You don't. Questions get answered every day, some directly, and some indirectly via game changes in some cases. We're always keeping an eye out for issues, feedback, and questions. This is just one of many interviews we've been conducting with various fansites, which simply offers an additional way in which we can spread information to as many people as we can. Unfortunately, we can't always answer every question, or sometimes can't answer a question "right now". But, we do what we can.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - March 13, 2013, 3:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/13/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Mageybrit

No. You don't. Questions get answered every day, some directly, and some indirectly via game changes in some cases. We're always keeping an eye out for issues, feedback, and questions. This is just one of many interviews we've been conducting with various fansites, which simply offers an additional way in which we can spread information to as many people as we can. Unfortunately, we can't always answer every question, or sometimes can't answer a question "right now". But, we do what we can.

Let me just change - Do what you can - to - Do what you want to.

You can answer tons of things about the game that you choose not too. Let's just take CRZ as an example. But you don't want to, so you don't.

Cheers.

Please don't reinterpret what I've written. I choose my words very carefully. This thread is about an interview that's being conducted. It's best to keep it on that topic. I understand you may have concerns about other topics, but those are best kept in separate threads. If you have specific concerns that can be addressed they will be, but can and "choose not to" are definitely two distinct things. Also of note, not talking publicly about something (in general) does not mean that discussions haven't occurred or continue to occur. I appreciate you taking the time to post though.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - March 13, 2013, 3:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post

OK. Sorry. It was a bit at a tangent to the thread here. So, let's just say that I'm looking forward to what Greg has to say on any topic, and I hope some of my favorite topics are covered.

Cheers.

No worries. Believe me when I say, I do understand your passion. Thanks!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - March 13, 2013, 4:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The problem is these interviews tend to be nothing but fluff and never address any real serious game issues.

The problem is, what is of interest/serious to you, may not be to others and vice versa. We know full well we won't address everything for everyone in the limited time we can. We're in this for the long haul though and don't simply believe that just because we do an interview or two (though it's been more than that) that we're going to answer everything everyone wants to know. It's just not possible. Even when we do provide answers, that's no guarantee that everyone will like the answers.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - March 13, 2013, 4:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Did I miss the huge forum post telling people to follow the other show's, that did interviews interviews, twitter accounts or watch their YouTube?
I don't understand this preferential treatment.
If you did give the other podcasts the same amount of love, I will willingly admit I am wrong.
These Blizzard endorsements have weight behind them.

This is an evolving process. We've been tweeting about other interviews as well and you can find a slew of them in the Round-up blog here. We'll see how it goes though. We don't purport to be perfect, but we're trying new things and seeing how they go. :)

I think we have all seen tough questions being ignored or dodged, then someone asked what brand of coffee you guys drink in the office and it gets answered lol cant blame people for being skeptical about these types of things.

Our job is to interact as well. Sometimes, that means talking about coffee for a bit. ;) As I said before, we answer what we can, when we can. Telling you little things that don't impact the game is easy. It doesn't require research, collaboration, crafting a clear message, and coordinating (in some cases if the information is big enough) with a global team. I can understand skepticism. I think what Zarhym was getting at is the hostility that sometimes comes across. Again, we get it, but it's not the best way for us to communicate with each other either. It only needlessly ruffles feathers. As always, you can send feedback on community team performance to wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com as well.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - March 13, 2013, 5:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/13/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Jakeurai
This is an evolving process. We've been tweeting about other interviews as well and you can find a slew of them in the Round-up blog here. We'll see how it goes though. We don't purport to be perfect, but we're trying new things and seeing how they go. :)

I would never call myself perfect either. I wear my demons on my sleeve.
Your choice for corporate endorsement just baffles me.
The Instance, All Things Azeroth, etc... deserve just as much love, probably even more for the years of support they've brought to players of this game.
How did Twizz get Zarhym in his pocket?

We know and love The Instance and All Things Azeroth as well. We usually try to get Russell Brower over on The Instance from time to time to talk music too. We've worked with them and many others for many (many) years. We're also open to hear of more great sites that perhaps we haven't been in contact with yet or should know. No one's in anyone's pocket though. I also don't even know where Zarhym might have pockets unless they're tucked into his skeletal eye sockets. That would just be weird though.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#47 - March 13, 2013, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post

You're typing this with wax drippings. Anything is possible.

Are you saying I'm drippy? I drip? Perish the thought! It's the power of my MIND at work. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#58 - March 13, 2013, 7:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I guess I might as well step in and comment on this.

As a podcaster who covers WoW podcasting, I have a bit of a unique perspective on the whole situation.

In general there has been an increase in the amount of support and growth within the community. Many new shows have sprung up in the past few months alone. The number of current active WoW podcasts is close to 70, just counting English speaking productions.

For those concerned about the attention being given to a singular podcast, I'd invite you to take a moment to step back and consider this...

I love you, Rho. Thanks for sharing your perspective on all of this. We've spoken many times before via email, so I know you know what many of my philosophies, goals and ambitions are when scheduling interviews. I appreciate you communicating that to others.

And for the podcasters or fansites admins out there who disagree with you, they should have my email address and are welcome to reach out to me directly. For those that don't have my email address, hit me up on Twitter so I can exchange contact info. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#63 - March 13, 2013, 8:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know this thread is long already but I just wanted to say that this expansion is my favorite so far and this is coming from someone that has been playing since 2005.

It's because of events like this and the incredible amount of feedback we have been given in the past few months.

Thanks for all the hard work

<3
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#70 - March 14, 2013, 1:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is just a reminder that TwizzCast will be live with Greg Street at 6:30 p.m. PDT tonight. Tune in here: http://twitch.tv/TwizzCast

And that's not all on my agenda for Greg this week! Interviews with MMORPG.com and Call to Auction are coming soon. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#72 - March 14, 2013, 2:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
For those that missed the live broadcast, this episode of TwizzCast will be available in the coming days here: http://twizzcast.com