No loot is getting kind of stale

#1 - March 13, 2013, 12:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just got done running the new LFR. Used a charm on every boss for 6 chances at loot and all I got was gold. Yesterday I killed Oondasta for the first time (took us about 2 hours) and used a charm on him but got no loot. Last week I also killed Galleon for the first time, used a charm, sure enough, no loot. Yesterday I ran HoF normal mode (my first non-LFR raid in MoP), used a charm on every boss (don't even know how many chances I had at loot but it's well over 12), and obviously I got nothing. I tried to farm my Sha-Touched weapon before item upgrades got removed but I never saw that either, just gold. It wasn't until last week I got it on my 4th time killing the boss for the week (~40 total tries later).

Normally I don't QQ about anything, and I'm definitely not surprised all I got was gold in the new LFR tonight since that's how I roll, but I have to admit, it really is getting kind of boring/discouraging at this point. Not to mention, it feels like such a waste of time spending multiple hours doing this stuff to get no reward. Makes we want to log and not touch the game until the following week at the very least.

That being said, I think something that that increases your chances at getting loot when all you've been getting is gold would be ideal and not game breaking. Also, is anyone else in my boat (you simply suck at RNG)?

Edit: After I made this thread I did Sha and used a coin and got nothing. Then I did TES and got gold from every boss and also gold from the 1 charm I used (only needed loot from 1 boss). Adding this in just for kicks. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - March 13, 2013, 2:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just got done running the new LFR. Used a charm on every boss for 6 chances at loot and all I got was gold. Yesterday I killed Oondasta for the first time (took us about 2 hours) and used a charm on him but got no loot. Last week I also killed Galleon for the first time, used a charm, sure enough, no loot. Yesterday I ran HoF normal mode (my first non-LFR raid in MoP), used a charm on every boss (don't even know how many chances I had at loot but it's well over 12), and obviously I got nothing. I tried to farm my Sha-Touched weapon before item upgrades got removed but I never saw that either, just gold. It wasn't until last week I got it on my 4th time killing the boss for the week.

Normally I don't QQ about anything, and I'm definitely not surprised all I got was gold in the new LFR tonight since that's how I roll, but I have to admit, it really is getting kind of boring/discouraging at this point. Not to mention, it feels like such a waste of time spending multiple hours doing this stuff to get no reward. Makes we want to log and not touch the game until the following week at the very least.

That being said, I think something that that increases your chances at getting loot when all you've been getting is gold would be ideal and not game breaking. Also, is anyone else in my boat (you simply suck at RNG)?

The character looks like they have at least been mildly successful at obtaining items through Raid Finder at some point in the past.

Hang in there. Our developers are aware of and looking at ways to improve the experience for those experiencing streaks of bad luck in Raid Finder.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#255 - March 26, 2013, 6:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Every time I use a bonus roll, doesn't matter if its from LFR, or a world boss. I always get a bag full of gold, thats it.

I'm back and letting you know that we're adding protection for bad luck streaks on bonus rolls.

Bonus Roll
  • Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.