10/25 Man loot

#1 - March 9, 2013, 10:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, I understand 25 mans were dying, and they needed more incentive because it is more work to keep one going. But blizzard is going about this ALL wrong. Now they are gearing up almost double as fast because 10 man end up having to DE half of their gear, and never get thundeforged and minimum of 2 items per boss thunderforged in 25 man. 25 man also very rarely DE's anything.

Then on top of that I found out about the t15 token changes, where it isn't a guaranteed drop in 10 man anymore, 0-2 tokens can drop, and in 25 2-4 tokens can drop. Which puts double RNG into tier, making it especially bad for 10 man cause they can continuously get zero tier. On top of that 10 man is tuned much tighter then 25. 1 Person messes up your likely to wipe unless you really outgear the content. It seems blizzard is trying to completely revive 25 mans and put 10 mans in its grave..
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - March 9, 2013, 10:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Then on top of that I found out about the t15 token changes, where it isn't a guaranteed drop in 10 man anymore, 0-2 tokens can drop, and in 25 2-4 tokens can drop. Which puts double RNG into tier, making it especially bad for 10 man cause they can continuously get zero tier. On top of that 10 man is tuned much tighter then 25. 1 Person messes up your likely to wipe unless you really outgear the content. It seems blizzard is trying to completely revive 25 mans and put 10 mans in its grave..

Having 0 tier tokens drop for 10 person raid groups was unintended. We're currently looking to address this in a coming hotfix similar to the one that had been implemented for 25 person raid groups.

From Patch 5.2 Hotfixes - March 7:
•The appropriate number of tier tokens should now drop for 25-player normal and heroic difficulties.