5.2 - Your impression so far?

#1 - March 6, 2013, 1:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Did my dailies a few hours ago, and they were alright. Nothing too special, just normal dailies. Got up to the quest "Champions of the Thunder King" and been camping rares for the last hour. Mindbogglingly boring, but I assume it's a weekly quest and not a daily one, so you'll most likely gather all the stones you need by the end of the week and don't have to spawn camp. Having quest where the objective is to get a special drop (which isn't 100%) from rares, though, is just a huge time sink and I most likely won't be bothered with it again since it feels like a really cheap way to keep us players occupied. The one-man chest frenzy scenario was neat, and I will definitely try it out again if I so happen to get my hands on another key.

Overall I feel like the patch didn't change much. Just another dailyhub with some sprinkles on top. Hopefully the raid will be entertaining.

Edit: Didn't mean to come off sounding negative, although I think I did! 5.2 might not be my cup of tea since I'm not a huge fan of time sinks, but overall it's still a great patch in many aspects that will keep me playing.

What's your impression? Yay/nay?
Forum Avatar
Community
#13 - March 6, 2013, 4:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Good thread this. Blue-tagging it for more impressions - We would love to know what you like as well as what you dislike about the patch so far, and if you are not sure yet on what you think about the new content, well then we would like to know that too :-)
Forum Avatar
Community
#259 - March 8, 2013, 11:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Quite a few of you have reported that you are encountering difficulty when attempting to loot the new rare mobs on Thunder Isle, and also in some cases when trying to loot the world bosses.

I would just like to let you guys know that this is an issue that we are aware of and it is under investigation. It is not yet possible to give you guys an ETA on a fix though, but we are doing our best to have it resolved as soon as possible.