Disappointment over LFR

#1 - March 5, 2013, 9:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I am not someone who spends alot of time on the forums but i after reading the raid release schedual and Daxxarri's comments over it on the US forums page (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/255975-52-lfr-delay-what/) I am disappointed.

I was expecting a delay to LFR opening to be inline with the beginning of MoP and have the LFR open the week after normal mode. With new bosses each week after that, but you are seperating out the last 6 bosses over a month.
This would not be so bad if taken by itself, but there is no other multiplayer content coming. I see lots on the patch notes for crafting, dailies, solo scenarios, new pets and battles to be had and the usual class balancing. Yet nothing outside of raiding or PvP for a group of friends to do.

So as this release schedual is not set in stone, could have it back to the style from the release of MoP.

Also what is everyone else thoughts?
Forum Avatar
Community
#23 - March 5, 2013, 2:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/03/2013 12:13Posted by Demonskiss
But heres my point. How does my LFR affect your Normal or Heoric raid?

You can't really put them into separate buckets and ignore each other. It's not your LFR, neither is their Normal of Heroic raid.

LFR can be a source of loot for raiders that aren't at the bleeding edge of progression. So, in fact, it does become a place for upgrades the moment it is available unless you're already decked out in HoF/ToES Heroic epics, which means you'll have an "easier" time on Normal Throne of Thunder, particularly on the earlier bosses.

The reasoning of the developers here is that most normal raiders won't see Lei Shen for some time, and if they've been stomping him for weeks on LFR first, then their guild experience on Normal is significantly diminished.

They're also releasing the first two wings faster than the last two to make sure those of you waiting for LFR have something to enjoy sooner rather than later.