Bring back skirmishes

#1 - Feb. 22, 2013, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To this day I can't think of a single reason why skirmishes haven't been brought back yet. It was something to do when you were bored, and you could play with random players at a random skill-level in all brackets. Additionally, this was the perfect place to try out new things and to practice WITHOUT having to sacrifice rating or MMR for it.

I know there have been several topics on it already, but it's still not enough. I want a solid reason stated by the blues as to why it was removed in the first place and not some copy pasta answer like you normally get.

This is a quote from "Ask the Devs" from March 2011:

We just thought we’d get more bang for the buck out of Wargames. While some players enjoyed Skirmishes, we can tell you that overall they were used very rarely. We would have kept them if it had been relatively easy to do so, and we may add them back someday, but it’s just not a huge priority based on their previous popularity.

This is an inadequate reason for removing skirmishes, especially as war games are practically never used, much less so than skirmishes were anyway. Mostly high rated people camping rating or people wanting to do high crits or other fun stuff are the ones doing war games.

I could make this an extremely long and detailed post, but I won't seeing as this most likely won't be read by any blues as they've reached their monthly quota of visits (1) to the forum.

If you agree, I'd suggest you request this for sticky and/or like the post so that it's more likely to get blue attention and hopefully a good answer, too.
Forum Avatar
Community
#39 - March 4, 2013, 10:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/03/2013 03:24Posted by Thelcar
Skirmishes are still on the todo list

And in case you want to hear it directly from our one and only crustacean developer’s mouth, follow this link: http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/greg-street-ion-hazzikostas-interview-gb-2/

The part about skirmishes starts at 26:12, but if you have time, you could watch the whole thing, it’s pretty interesting and entertaining.