To blizzard...

#1 - Feb. 19, 2013, 7:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
YOur LFR loot system SUCKS...

I have run LFR and SHA for a month now on 2 toons (4 times) And i have not gotten a SINGLE peice of gear even tho i have a 15% chance yea right blizz i swear if i dont get anything in this next run i will not renew my sub, it is beyond rediculous that you gate all the items to help get a higher item level behind a stupid rep grind but you also make its painful to gear through LFR and get into real raids with some kind of head start

So as i said one last chance or i am done and will not renew my sub
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#113 - Feb. 19, 2013, 11:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's an older blog article Dev Watercooler - Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained but it's still relevant and goes over the philosophy behind the changes to Raid Finder loot. (Also good reading for those wearing Rose Colored Goggles.)

To the OP, please review the Code of Conduct and stop attacking posters for not agreeing with you.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#150 - Feb. 20, 2013, 12:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/19/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Druga
I understand as a whole the entire LFR drop rates are working, the problem is the outliers, the people who are going on two content patches with continued bad luck. After 13 weeks, I myself have 5, FIVE Shin'ka drops so far, 3 head token drops, and 0 Kilrak drops. As a dual wield frost dk, that is the definition of "frustratingly random that I stop enjoying the experience"

Specific examples like that are useful feedback and /sadpanda to hear about your streak. But, then the character would have accumulated enough Valor points to purchase some epic items of a comparable item level. It's a slower but parallel progression path. Still, our developers are looking at ways to improve the Raid Finder loot system.

One of the changes currently in-testing on the PTR is to allow the satchels in Raid Finder to have a chance to contain additional rewards; such as Raid Finder versions of Normal and Heroic difficulty zone drops that were previously otherwise unavailable.