Annual Pass and Driver Issues

#1 - Feb. 13, 2013, 12:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Why exactly am I forced to pay for a game that I am unable to play through no fault of my own, because of random crashes? There's a capped sticky thread in the Technical Support forums that shows many people with GeForce cards of the 5 and 6 series have this issue and have had it since the end of last year. Blizzard responses have been scarce and nowhere in sight recently, not even something like "We know there's a problem still and we are working on it" or "We know there's a problem and it is on Nvidia's end so bother them."

Meanwhile Nvidia doesn't seem to be doing anything productive about it, considering the latest beta driver for these cards was January 29, weeks after they were made aware of the issue, and nothing was solved.

So I ask, why am I being forced to pay for a game I can't play? I will be looking into ending the contract now, regardless of whether or not the mount and D3 is taken. If I can't play the game reliably then I'm not going to pay for it.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#13 - Feb. 13, 2013, 2:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/12/2013 05:40 PMPosted by Madican
I should know, I am IT.

That may be how you work, Madican, but it isn't how we do.

That a resolution is not available does not mean that we haven't been doing what we can to investigate the matter. These things tend to be complicated and not entirely under our purview but we still do what we can to gather information. Develop resolutions if they are available and escalate the matter to those parties that may be better suited to addressing the overall issue.

Nvidia has been gathering information in order to investigate these matters as well. Though we do not have any updates as soon as we have one we will be happy to pass it along.

I'm sorry that you have been unable to play, I hope a resolution is forthcoming so you can return.