Racism in game and GMs/Blues don't care

#1 - Feb. 12, 2013, 8:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
[Crosslink removed]

It seems that nowadays the only way to get a blue to post on anything is if you make a silly post about nothing to do with the current situation of the game.

There are many people that I have reported in game, and even in these forums who have blatantly been racist and bigots. Yet I see nothing done about this. I have a 11 year old cousin that played this game and he comes up to me asking me what does a racist term in game mean. I won't repeat it but blizzard has to realize that not all adults play this game. I don't care what your disclaimer says, this needs to stop.

Then you wonder why you're losing subscriptions. I have posted another thread (top link) about whats going on in the PTR right now. This is horrible and something needs to be done. I implore you, look into this.

And by the way, my cousins subscription was one of the ones that was not renewed last quarter, my uncle canceled the subscription.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#187 - Feb. 12, 2013, 11:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Keep in mind that the PTR is not part of the live game and while the policies that we have set should be followed, In-Game Support is not available there.

02/12/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Addypally
Is this blizzard saying "deal with it, we are doing all we are going to do?" If so, this system is very very broken.

Absolutely not, and we never have.

We have reporting systems in place to report any language or subject matter that would be inappropriate and may violate our Terms of Use.

Please understand that while our goal is to address obviously inappropriate language and subject matter, we also try to give folks the chance to correct their behavior. So if the language is reported correctly (through the right click report option) and it is deemed a violation they may get a warning or a short suspension. It depends on the severity of the violation as well as the history on the account.

Those who continue to use such language, and have it reported appropriately, will start working their way up our penalty volcano as the penalties become increasingly more severe.

The atmosphere on a realm is very much dependent upon the denizens of that realm. The right click report feature can be a very effective tool in curbing the more negative behavior that is associated with virtually anonymous interaction but it is most effective when it is used by everyone. A single report is valuable, and is used in the overall investigation, but it is much more effective when more people report the behavior as well.

02/12/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Etch
The world would be a better place if we all would just grow some thicker skin.

Our rating and policies help people to determine what type of language/subject matter may be found while playing the game. Parents who do not wish their children to be exposed to specific language/subject matter, even when that language is filtered, as well as other adults use that as a guideline. That you may or may not be offended by what someone says is entirely irrelevant to the fact that it goes against those policies.

Folks, I know it can seem that nothing is done but it is that perception that often prevents people from reporting the behavior in the appropriate manner to have these matters addressed. Please continue to use the right click report option and encourage others to do so as well.

We monitor how this reporting method is working and continue adjust and improve it over time.

Since the majority of this discussion is not really appropriate for these forums I will keep this thread locked. Thank you all who participated in a civil and constructive manner.