Your Favorite Weapon Model of All Time

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Feb. 12, 2013, 9:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was skimming a thread the other day where players were linking some of their favorite weapon models, and I thought that would be a fun topic for a larger chat.

There's some truly magnificent weapon art in Mists of Pandaria, and I'm definitely looking forward to picking up some pieces from the Throne of Thunder. Still, one of my all time favorites is the Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle. And I don't even have a level capped Hunter (I'm working on one though!). No special feels or anything. I've just always loved the way it looks.

How about you? If you had to pick just one, what's your favorite weapon model of all time? Why is it your favorite? Do you have any special memories attached to it, or do you just think it looks cool? Do you still have it or was it the 'one that got away'?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Feb. 12, 2013, 9:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This one that I transmoged my 1H swords into. Argent Avenger

So shiny. Wish it came in green and yellow/gold.

Wish there was a 2H/Staff version (think Darth Maul's 2H lightsaber).

That's uh, quite an outfit. The socks with sandals are a nice touch.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#108 - Feb. 13, 2013, 12:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Also, my favorite shield in the game: (not a weapon, but offhand!)
Skullflame Shield

Offhands are fine too, I guess.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#110 - Feb. 13, 2013, 12:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
With my Death Knight all decked out in Judgement Armor (recolor), I have to admit, I'm really enjoying the look and feel of my Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion. I was telling a friend the other night, I feel like I'm walking irony.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#117 - Feb. 13, 2013, 12:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/12/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Gahhda
Does 5.2 loot count? BECAUSE IT ALL LOOKS AMAZING.

I know, right? I'm really excited!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#120 - Feb. 13, 2013, 12:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
High on my wishlist since Burning Crusade but never got, and no longer obtainable was Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian. Loved the lore behind the staff and the spectral birds that appear for the wielder.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#127 - Feb. 13, 2013, 12:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm glad we made it 7 pages without someone mentioning Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

C-c-c-combo breaker? We had a good thing going for awhile there.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#218 - Feb. 13, 2013, 3:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/12/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Noxwind
One thing you guys really failed in MOP is the weapon models. Especially the PvP ones. PvE weapons are okay but still not really good. PvP everything looks ugly and forgettable.

As I've said in the past (and likely will say again) aesthetics are a very personal thing. While I staunchly disagree that 'failed' is the right word, I do think it's worth pointing out that, just as there's a progression of power throughout an expansion, we also try to make the stuff that becomes available later on look cooler too.

Still, I think we have quite different opinions on what constitutes ugly and forgettable. While not every item is a stand out, there are some very cool looking items in the Malevolent set.

02/12/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Perculia
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=97127#modelviewer looks like a really fun upcoming fist weapon.

Love it. Reminds me of Krull.

Good of you to join us! =P
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#414 - Feb. 13, 2013, 9:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/13/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Seffie
This thread is great!

It is! I've gotten some awesome transmog ideas here, and I've been reminded of stuff I'd totally forgotten about.

Lots of fun =).