Let's get this game back to what it once was [PvP]

#1 - Feb. 12, 2013, 7:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
- Make casters actually have to cast again. The current state of the so-called "casters" is completely retarded. They're basicly Melee DPS but from Ranged. It's just stupid.

EDIT - I'm not saying that casters should be forced to cast with the ridiculous amount of CC there is in-game. Get rid of the ridiculous amounts of gap closers and interrupts some classes have and this will be solved.

EDIT - Why are clothies so incredibly tanky nowadays? What happened to clothies having weaknesses against Melee DPS because they didn't have that much armor (Don't forget that ARP existed as well)? Seeing a Mage and a Warlock being tankier than a Retribution Paladin really makes me want to mash my face against my keyboard.

- Strip classes off their CC. Some classes should not be able to CC at all. Warriors did perfectly fine throughout Vanilla, TBC and WotLK (bar S5) without any form of stun, same with many other classes that lacked CC. Rogues and Paladins were the only classes that had a form of stun and it should remain like that.

EDIT - I played <snip> Vanilla and tried out some PvP on my Rogue, and oh god it sure was fun! It felt so unreal being able to actually control my character almost all the time, but oh it was enjoyable! Might be ironic cause I was on a Rogue, but to be honest I didn't have so much CC on it as I do now. Cheap Shot and Kidney, and that was it. I am not saying that PvP in Vanilla was perfect, but the CC system certainly was. You had to actually set up your CC in difference to now.

- Make Blue PvP gear (Not the crappy Contender's set, but stuff as Dreadful) completely craftable. I'm getting sick of losing games against opponents I know I can win against just because they bought a RBG boost. World of Warcraft being a MMO (jk LFR) doesn't justify the huge gear gap this game currently has.

- Bring back CLASS UNIQUENESS! Every class has everything now. It's just plain boring. You might aswell remove classes because they are all copies of each other. Why did Paladins get an interrupt AND an AoE blind? What do Monks lack that no other Melee has? Why did Rogues and Mages get a heal?

I hope you can see the logic here. There's absolutely no variation in this game at the moment what so ever. It all started with dotcleaverogue-clysm, when some genius at Blizzard thought that giving every class everything will sort out the balance problems. Instead they just dumbened down the game in all aspects, taking all the fun out of it.

I miss stance dancing on my Warrior. Even though a very viable tactic for my opponents was to train me, it was my Class weakness. I did very good damage, while not being very mobile I was still a chopping machine. In the worst cases I'd use Enraged Regeneration (Which was introduced somewhere around TBC, was highly asked for by Warriors and it actually helped them to stay alive). I was very weak against Mages and casters in general, but very strong against Melee DPS. A rogue couldn't even come close to me unless he was very good. (Not trying to brag, but you get my point).

I miss swapping around Auras on my Paladin. Even though Retribution sucked dick throughout Vanilla and TBC, I actually had quite some fun with it in PvP. When I faced Fire Mages/Warlocks I would pop on my Fire Resistance aura, Seal of the Martyr and blow them up in a few hits with Stormherald (A mace that had a chance to stun for 3 seconds while doing incredibly good damage, let's hope Blizzard won't introduce anything like this ever again. Although it didn't feel really good that the only reason people wanted me in raids was my Auras, at least I had something that no one else had. My class was unique.

There's probably tons of other stuff I could write, but I just don't feel like I will even be heard. I wrote down the most important things hoping that someone might actually read it. If you have anything to add, feel free to do so.

I'm best feral EU btw xoxo

Removing Code of Conduct violation ~ Nakatoir
Forum Avatar
Community
#7 - Feb. 12, 2013, 11:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/02/2013 07:56Posted by Bestferalxo
- Strip classes off their CC. Some classes should not be able to CC at all. Warriors did perfectly fine throughout Vanilla, TBC and WotLK (bar S5) without any form of stun, same with many other classes that lacked CC. Rogues and Paladins were the only classes that had a form of stun and it should remain like that.
Warriors had mace stun in BC, Mages had Deep Freeze in WotLK and Impact stun in both WotLK and BC, Druids had both Bash and Pounce, even hunters had a form of stun in BC. Many more classes than just rogues and Paladins had a form of stun.

Stating that you feel some classes should not be able to CC because that is how it was back in the old days is not an appropriate argument, because it's not true. Since the beginning of WoW all classes have had at least some form of CC, be it roots, snares, interrupts, disarms, fears, stuns, incapacitates or disorients. However, saying you feel that every class has too many CC's now is understandable, but do note that we are not going to simply remove every single CC from the game.

If we were to remove all crowd control from the game, then everyone would simply run at each other and just mash buttons, with all things being equal whoever got the first hit would win. We definitely understand that there are legitimate reasons for why some players just don’t like CC, but when it comes to designing an interesting and interactive combat model for PvP, there are many more reasons for CC to exist.

- Make Blue PvP gear (Not the crappy Contender's set, but stuff as Dreadful) completely craftable. I'm getting sick of losing games against opponents I know I can win against just because they bought a RBG boost. World of Warcraft being a MMO (jk LFR) doesn't justify the huge gear gap this game currently has.
We are addressing gear disparity in patch 5.3, we know that catching up part way through a season where you have fallen behind in gear is frustrating. You can find out more about the upcoming gear changes for PvP here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6994181

- Bring back CLASS UNIQUENESS! Every class has everything now. It's just plain boring. You might aswell remove classes because they are all copies of each other. Why did Paladins get an interrupt AND an AoE blind? What do Monks lack that no other Melee has? Why did Rogues and Mages get a heal?
Yet one of the key arguments that you see quite regularly here is, "Y has the ability to do Z. Why is it that my class, X, cannot also do Z?"

This is not to say you are wrong or that the above argument is in any way valid. The abilities a class has is just one of the things that makes them unique, you have to also think of their intricacies and how each one operates using their own mechanics and/or resources. Just because the game has moved away from more clunky systems such as Aura/Aspect twisting and stance dancing doesn't mean that all classes have become the same. We have been implementing new systems to the game that keeps making classes feel and play uniquely, like Holy Power and many others.

While it's not immediately evident, crowd control abilities are also unique to every class. In the end a stun ends up doing the same thing for all classes, but the how its used and what is done to use it is generally unique to each class. Saying that there are no unique classes because they can all CC is the same saying every class is identical because they can do damage (I understand that this is a hyperbole, but you get my point). The above reasons are why you see a great variety in classes played, because they are all different, if each of them were the same then why would there be classes?

- Make casters actually have to cast again. The current state of the so-called "casters" is completely retarded. They're basicly Melee DPS but from Ranged. It's just stupid.
I made a post about this a while back, we understand that the amount of instant casts is quite frustrating right now and we are looking into this. We wish to start not only moving many of the crowd control spells back to having a cast time, but also other spells as well. You can already see some of this shift in the 5.2 patch notes, such as the cast time on Blinding Light and an arming time on Ring of Frost when used with Presence of Mind. You can see the old post on this topic here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6133773365?page=6#108