I dread another year of "Deadwater"

#1 - Jan. 29, 2013, 8:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
With Deadwater I mean a whole year of nothing happening - no new content or updates to the game besides a movement in the PvP Seasons and few bug fixes and tweaks.

Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm had tremendous waiting times before the next expansion. I thorougly found this time insanely boring because all content got old so fast (especially Dragon Soul). Since my 12-13 hour work schedule doesn't allow me to be part of planned raiding within my guild (or most guilds for that matter), I settle with LFR, LFG and Random Battlegrounds. Content I all in all find enjoyable.

I like how new content is within the scope in Mists of Pandaria and I found the Landfall patch quite enjoyable (haven't even finished it yet) despite not having a raid. This is good.

A year of Icecrown Citadel and Dragon Soul is bad however.

I don't know how you guys feel about this, but I felt it was nescessary to say.
Forum Avatar
Community
#7 - Jan. 29, 2013, 12:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're definitely putting in a greater effort in releasing content faster and to make sure that content lasts longer, but since everyone consumes content at a different pace, it can be really hard for us to ensure that nobody won't ever get that feeling of "Deadwater" sometimes.