Every Man For Himself - unfair?

#1 - Jan. 28, 2013, 12:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First of all, I realise the racial itself is not, in fact, unfair. However, by not having to use the PvP Medallion, you're allowed to use two DPS PvP trinkets. This is all good and fine, of course, if it wasn't for the fact that these trinkets give a large amount of PvP Power.

Why is it like this? Humans already have a strong racial in that they get an extra DPS trinket (for example, they get to use the stat-proc trinket, whereas others get a flat +crit, +spirit or +mastery), why do they need to get an additional buff in the form of extra PvP Power?

Make the +PvP Power on DPS trinkets unique!

There's already places where this exists. Two-handed weapons (Malevolent Gladiator's Greatsword) have this in order to prevent Fury Warriors from getting too much. It's essentially the same deal, but for a race rather than a spec.

Am I wrong in thinking that Humans getting over 1,000 PvP Power more than any other race is unfair? Is it balanced in some way I'm not aware of? Please do tell.
Forum Avatar
Community
#84 - Jan. 29, 2013, 10:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Racials have an intrinsic inequality; it’s very hard to get away from that if we want to make them all very distinctive at the same time. I wouldn’t dare to insult your intelligence by defending that racials are all perfectly balanced. Clearly they are not, but we also need to realize that there are two sides to this game, and for PvE for example, EMFH suddenly just doesn’t seem so op anymore, except on very specific encounters where a “PvP trinket” effect would give you more uptime.

It has been stated before that devs aren’t too happy about racials and our most distinguishable anthropomorphic crabbie even went so far as to say that if he were to design WoW from scratch, there would be no racials. The thing is, racials have been a part of the game for so long that everyone likes them and is used to the differentiation they provide, racials were designed with the intent of being some of the most distinctive abilities in the game, shaping distinct traits and providing identity to each of the different races.

That is not to say that there’s nothing we can do about it, far from that, devs are already aware of this issue so you already have their attention, perfecting balance is part of the persistent balancing and tuning of WoW. Keep providing us with feedback and suggestions for different racial implementations that you feel are balanced and highly distinctive both for PvE and PvP at the same time, and I’m sure devs will appreciate it, good ideas are always welcome here at Blizzard and many good ideas that make it into our games can actually be traced back to our community.