Let us see how many bosses are dead already..

#1 - Jan. 25, 2013, 7:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey Blizz here's a thought...let us see what we're siging up for BEFORE accepting an LFR invite.

Maybe we don't want to come in on the tail end of a run especially if the gear we're in search of comes from a boss that's already dead. Or maybe we've killed the last boss already and need a run that will let us get the first two. There are any number of reasons but regardless, we shouldn't be penalized for 30 minutes for wanting a fresh run.

We used to be able to see how many bosses were down already and we could make an informed decision about whether or not we wanted to join. Maybe there's been some discussion explaining why the change was made but, I'm sorry, it was a dumb idea that takes away player choice.

Please bring back the raid preview.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#3 - Jan. 25, 2013, 7:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you enter and complete a partial clear you will be given priority for a fresh run the next time you enter the queue, letting you pick up any missed bosses. The 45 Valor for completing that run too isn't a bad deal, either.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Jan. 25, 2013, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/25/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Crocelle
Oh boy 45 valor. For wasting probably an hour of our time? Not including the time wasted for the second queue and raid.

I generally find I'm in a 2/3 partial, and when I re-queue to pick up those first two bosses it does not take an hour to down the final boss. Is it taking you an hour to kill a boss?

45 valor for about 15 minutes more of my time is pretty efficient.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#22 - Jan. 25, 2013, 7:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/25/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Jola
he was referring to the hour long queue - he had to queue TWICE for an hour each time to kill all bosses once instead of queue ONCE for an hour to kill all bosses once

Sure, and if we just let people pick and choose raids to join there could be 24 other people dropping group to wait in queue again. There are a few things you can do in the game all by yourself that don't involve other players, and we can try to make sure those really work as a single player experience. Raiding just can't be one of them.

And, taking a step back, LFR continues to offer an exceptional experience and reward for time invested value versus it not existing.

01/25/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Dìviné
If he saw 2/3 bosses then what would he do? cancel the queue? Well then he has to wait again either way.

Oh, and that. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#69 - Jan. 25, 2013, 8:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/25/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Congelatore
This presupposes that I have the extra time to actually run two LFRs per week of the same instance... I don't (2+ hours of queue = no). If I decide to queue for LFR (which I no longer do), I want to do a fresh run, period.

And I believe you presuppose you're the only person playing. ;)

01/25/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Congelatore
Bashiok, you know how much I love watching you work and running LFR, but I've got Azeroth's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

Well I appreciate the quote, at least. But, and don't take this the wrong way, think back to a time not-that-long-ago before LFR existed. How much raid content were you seeing then, how far had you progressed, and what was the time investment? I'm not saying we don't want LFR to be a smooth and pleasant experience, or be accessible, but it's putting 25 people together to let them see, experience, and even get awesome items from end-game content. That is pretty amazing. Automated game systems can only do so much to ensure it's a pleasant experience on the personal terms and whims for every single person.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#77 - Jan. 25, 2013, 8:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/25/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Congelatore
The point I was shooting for is this: if I choose to take part in PvE content via LFR I don't want to have to run multiple instances (of the same instance) just to see each and every boss, most importantly by sitting in at least two very long DPS queues.

Absolutely. We don't want for you to run the same instance multiple times either. We'd be happy to entertain ideas for how we can put a group of 25 strangers together, who all have different goals, expectations, and time constraints, and see each of them remain until the end regardless of anything else that happens in the raid or in their life (drops, wipes, wife came home, cat peed on foot, etc.).