Elder/Lesser Charm changes

#1 - Jan. 22, 2013, 8:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I saw on MMO Champ that new daily quest will have a chance to drop Elder Charms out of the Sunreaver/Kirin Tor supply crates and they have increased the cap of Elder Charms from 10 to 20. This is an excellent start!

I have not been able to play PTR and was wondering if there are any non daily ways to collect charms yet?

It would be refreshing to be able to acquire Lesser or Elder charms from a non daily quest related way. Adding either Lesser or Greater Charms as a low drop chance to the "Greater Cache of Treasures" from doing random Scenarios seems like an excellent spot to place them to mix it up. Is there anything like this currently on the PTR? Would be a nice change of pace from dailies.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - Jan. 23, 2013, 1:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I saw on MMO Champ that new daily quest will have a chance to drop Elder Charms out of the Sunreaver/Kirin Tor supply crates and they have increased the cap of Elder Charms from 10 to 20. This is an excellent start!

I have not been able to play PTR and was wondering if there are any non daily ways to collect charms yet?

It would be refreshing to be able to acquire Lesser or Elder charms from a non daily quest related way. Adding either Lesser or Greater Charms as a low drop chance to the "Greater Cache of Treasures" from doing random Scenarios seems like an excellent spot to place them to mix it up. Is there anything like this currently on the PTR? Would be a nice change of pace from dailies.

Just for clarity's sake, once patch 5.2 is live, Elder Charms of Good Fortune will only apply to Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring, the Sha of Anger, and Salyis' Warband (Galleon). There will also be a brand new Elder Charm equivalent currently called the Mogu Rune of Fate. MRFs will be used in the new content being released in 5.2 including Throne of Thunder, Nalak the Storm Lord, and Oondasta (ooh, say it again!). They'll still be "purchased" with lesser charms of good fortune though, exactly how the current Lesser Charm to Elder Charm conversion works.

We'll be sure to let you guys know how various currencies (including Conquest and Valor) will work before the release of the patch, so you have some time to plan.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#110 - Jan. 23, 2013, 6:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/23/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Vaelas
Oondasta (ooh, say it again!)

Oondasta, Oondasta, Oondasta!!!

(assuming you're referencing The Lion King)

*shivers*