all my Addon profiles ... Gone

#1 - Jan. 8, 2013, 11:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi, i just logged on tonight to a heart attack.....

All my addons i use have reset to default. And all my saved profiles, for each addon, for each character/spec have been deleted. I`m left with the default setups....

No idea what`s caused it. I logged off after the raid last night. no issues. Logged on tonight. All change.

Man alive is that some MAJOR ball ache sorting that...... dunno if i can be arsed, that`s too much.

Any ideas what`s caused it? or if it can be saved?
Forum Avatar
Community
#3 - Jan. 9, 2013, 3:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Fnar,

Don't lose hope just yet, first check these folders:
- WoW/WTF/Account/YourAccountName/SavedVariables
And
- WoW/WTF/Account/YourAccountName/ServerName/CharacterName/SavedVariables

Each addon should have a file named after it with the extension “.lua” .
Each file typically also has a backup version of itself (.bak), called “AddonName.lua.bak".

Before you do anything else, the first thing I’d recommend would be doing a complete backup of the full WTF folder somewhere else on your hard drive (or any other media).
After you’ve done the backup, you can try to find the saved variables corresponding to the addons that seem to have reset their configurations.

When you find those files, try to:
-Rename the “.lua” file to “.lua.old”
and
-Rename the “.lua.bak” to “.lua”

After you’ve done that for the all the addons that you need, you can try to enter the game and if you’re lucky, the backups won’t be too old.
I wish you good luck, hope you didn’t lose everything. (Remember that if you have WoW installed on any other computer or directory you can also go there and grab the “.lua” files and copy them over to your local WTF folder.)

If you did lose everything, remember that there are pre-configured addon packs that are pretty popular and might save you the trouble of configuring everything all over again, it might not be exactly what you wanted, but maybe you end up with an even better UI and like it more, who knows?