New sceme to keep people hooked?

#1 - Jan. 2, 2013, 9:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just read the 5.2 patchnotes. This is a part of it:
"Each faction's finest are spearheading the assault: the Kirin-Tor Offensive led by Jaina Proudmoore and the Sunreaver Onslaught led by Lor'themar Theron. Earning reputation with these new factions offers heroes the opportunity to receive new quests and reputation rewards, including powerful items and an intimidating new mount."

So the newest way to keep people playing is to roll out new factions almost faster than we cant complete/get to exalted with them?

I was kind of hoping that the Dominance Offensive was an exception, but the above notes seems to indicate thats how its going to be from now?

Well, thats it for me then. Its not fun to aim for goals that keeps moving furter away (me being a pet-collector/mount-collector/rep-grinder above most other things). It also counters the idea of accountwide achievements, with all those reps popping up, you kind of get tied to your main toon once again? I thought we where encouraged to try different classes? Now they are easy to level, but you have no chance to catch up on the reps that gain you access to gear and so on.

Another example where more is not better....
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#39 - Jan. 5, 2013, 3:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please try your best to stay on topic and respect the OP interest on the discussion of his notion. These will avoid a locked thread and the need to engage on the same topic on a different one.