Problems with tank switch (tank newbie)

#1 - Nov. 28, 2012, 10:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heya guys,

I am pretty new to tanking raids and we did our first attempt today but we had some serious problems with taunting and switching tanks. The other tank is a warrior and when he taunted the boss off me he couldnt hold agro the whole time. Its realy hard to play like this. I hope some more experienced players can help me out on this. Tnx in advance!
Forum Avatar
Community
#21 - Jan. 4, 2013, 12:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'd suggest stop attacking for a few seconds and still keep blood presence on just to be on the safe side for now, if the other tank still manages to lose aggro or if something else happens (like him dying) you will still be safe to taunt and continue tanking.
Once you get comfortable and think the switches are working ok, simply start switching presence instead of not attacking and continue dpsing as usual, just make sure you don’t forget to switch back to blood presence before taunting.
It's also important to remember there is a chance that the other tank might also be able to do something to improve his TPS, especially saving abilities that cause the highest threat to be used right after the taunt.

Also, threat meters aren't absolutely needed but they can be quite helpful.
Forum Avatar
Community
#27 - Jan. 4, 2013, 2:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/01/2013 13:53Posted by Vensha
someone needs to feed this murloc more coffee.

Thanks ;)