AFK = Loot (LFR)

#1 - Jan. 2, 2013, 3:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello!

The loot system..

Has anyone ever tried different ways to approach the loot system "luck"?

For example I do find it easier to win an item if you slack on the boss and watch some TV meanwhile, keeping just one eye open on the ongoing fight. Everytime I go full "try hard" I end up with a satchel of gold which is not fun. Another week I tried doing everything backwards, starting with ToES and end up with MSV as last.

What tricks do you guys use to get better luck in LFR?

Because this loot system has gotten up to my brain and I feel it's my fault for not getting my reward, and I has to try different ways to approach it.. It's not fun.
Forum Avatar
Community
#12 - Jan. 3, 2013, 4:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Funny you should mention that...
I’ve recently noticed that I tend to get more loot when I'm able to clap my hands three times during the last two seconds just before the boss dies!

No, not really, it’s just random, and like all things random, sometimes we can take probability a bit too personally and either call it bad or good luck.

03/01/2013 15:29Posted by Aeiedil
This sounds like a whole thread based on observations skewed by selective memory.

This.
Also, please don’t afk or “slack” in LFR, that's not nice or fair to the other 24 players, it's really frowned upon and it might get you kicked out of the raid. If everyone thought the same way and started slacking what would happen then?
Feel free to try the clapping though ;)