Better Verification

#1 - Dec. 28, 2012, 1:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Due to a series of unfortunate events, I lost my Ipod. Inconveniently enough, my ipod had my authenticator on it. Now, getting a new labtop for christmas I am not able to log onto my account. Ive opened several tickets, and botton line is that blizzard is asking me for my birth certificate. I find this obsurd. I pay for this game, month after month, buy things off of the blizzard store and yet they still ask me? I cant even talk to a representative on the phone, im stuck with tickets that take 6 hours to respond to. This is very stupid.
Forum Avatar
Customer Support
#8 - Dec. 28, 2012, 1:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We understand it's not the easiest undertaking to get an authenticator removed, but this is mostly intentional. If all you had to do to remove an authenticator was ask, it would serve little purpose in protecting your account. Understand that we ask for basic identification to be make sure you, the account owner, are the one trying to retrieve access.

If you enable Battle.net SMS Protect, you can have an authenticator removed via text-messaging: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-sms-protect