Do you think they will lock/close my account?

#1 - Dec. 5, 2012, 9:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I tried logging into WoW using my new laptop a few days ago and I was locked out of my account "Due to suspicious activity."
Well after I sent some emails explaining that it was just myself logging into my own account from a different computer I managed to get access to my account using the hacked account recovery page and resetting my password.

I was happy with that but the trouble is that when I was trying to explain to WoW what was happening (before I got access myself) I had tried to prove my identity by giving them what I thought was my old number that I had saved on my account for SMS account recovery but I mistakenly gave them the wrong number (which I discovered after I was able to log in again.)

I then emailed them explaining the mistake and I told them that I no longer used that number and therefore couldn't use SMS recovery and I'd like to add my new number to my account which was fine until I was advised that I'd need photographic I.D to prove my identity before they could allow me to change my number...

I don't have photographic I.D and I won't be able to get any until after Christmas, I tried explaining that to the help team but they have not got back to me on that subject-do you think I'll be locked out of my account again pretty soon unless I can provide photograpic I.D?

I certainly hope not as I've paid for game time until January of next year and I would not be too happy to think that a game I've invested so much money in on expansions, shop pets, shop mounts and game time was inaccessible to me!
#15 - Dec. 6, 2012, 6:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey, this isn't something we'd lock your account for so no need to worry. The Photo ID request is just so we can be sure it's you asking to change the number registered to the account. :)

05/12/2012 21:42Posted by Sandok
Now that you have recovered access to your account, you can change your SMS number yourself without bothering support, nobody is locking you for anything.

This is correct. :) If you remember the old number you used for SMS protect and still have access to that phone you can login to your account management and change it which will cause any new verification codes to be sent to the updated number rather than the old one. This will allow you to unlock your account again in the event it does get locked.

If you don't have access to the old phone then this is something that will need to be resolved through a support ticket.