Everyone is level 90....

#1 - Dec. 5, 2012, 3:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Except me. Maybe I'm slacking or maybe I'm tired of the pandaren lands.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - Dec. 5, 2012, 4:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/05/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Senpai
Except me. Maybe I'm slacking or maybe I'm tired of the pandaren lands.

Not everyone. Some are taking the phrase, "slow down" to heart and focusing on more things than just getting to max level. What's most important is that you take time to enjoy the experiences for what they are. The game isn't going anywhere so taking a little down time now and then isn't a bad thing. Everyone levels at their own pace. I personally tend to level a bit at a time, go do some other things (like pet battles, or professions, achievement hunting), and then go back to it later.

It's the thing I enjoy most about World of Warcraft is that there is so much variety that I can choose to do something else for a bit if I start to feel "burn out" on whatever it is I'm currently focused on. I've never been the type that can just "grind out" one aspect from start to finish. I have to sort of sample things as a go.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - Dec. 5, 2012, 5:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/05/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Vesada

Not everyone. Some are taking the phrase, "slow down" to heart and focusing on more things than just getting to max level. What's most important is that you take time to enjoy the experiences for what they are. The game isn't going anywhere so taking a little down time now and then isn't a bad thing. Everyone levels at their own pace. I personally tend to level a bit at a time, go do some other things (like pet battles, or professions, achievement hunting), and then go back to it later.

It's the thing I enjoy most about World of Warcraft is that there is so much variety that I can choose to do something else for a bit if I start to feel "burn out" on whatever it is I'm currently focused on. I've never been the type that can just "grind out" one aspect from start to finish. I have to sort of sample things as a go.

Curious--do you guys keep stats on this kind of stuff? I've heard the occasional story of someone taking 4-5 months to hit max level, but I've always wondered how common this approach to the game is.

Sure, we keep track of how many have reached max and when. It's not anything we share publicly though. I've known some that will take a year or more to reach maximum level because they play so minimally. Everyone has their own pace that feels right to them.