Character Models Update... Again...?

#1 - Nov. 21, 2012, 7:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So we've all seen the posts about the older races needing character model updates, posts ranging from the more poorly written to the more eloquent, but I often fantasize about seeing a single post garner enough attention that Blizzard's hand is forced and they have to run a patch. Its hard for me to imagine that there isn't one ambitious graphic artist who has never made a newer model just to see what it would look like. There has to be some work out there that Blizzard could draw from, I mean, they pretty much have already updated the majority of the older races with faction leaders that more or less look great, but ultimately do not look at all like the races of which they represent. I've read that Blizzard has addressed this and it's just not at the top of their to-do list but even the blood elves and draenei look better than the original races by comparison. The work is apparently there and I'd like to think the demand is out there too.

/sign a petition?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Nov. 21, 2012, 8:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's no need for a petition. Our artists are working on it but we don't have any additional information at this time.