PvP Suggestion!! 1v1 rated games!

#1 - Nov. 19, 2012, 11:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
since the RBG's poped up im thinking about the same thing! blizz gave to pvpers another option to play and gain conquest, ratings and gear other than 2v2, 3v3, 5v5! on the other hand there is the fun side of duels where it is 1v1! my suggestion is to bring that as an arena 1v1 option and give ppl more choices in to how they want to play their game to gain their pvp gear, achi and ratings! many good players sometimes have a hard time on finding a good partner and arrange everything in order to get what they want from pvp so why not give them the 1v1 rated games option?! i would love to do some 1v1 rated games see what i can succeed on my own and get better, have fun and enjoy playing through that!! i hope u ppl like and support my idea and make something good out of it! Thank You!
Forum Avatar
Community
#23 - Nov. 19, 2012, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While in theory this sounds fun, the game just isn’t balanced around 1v1, not even 2v2, 3v3 is probably the most balanced bracket.
With 1v1, you could have fights that could last indefinitely, specs that wouldn’t work, everyone would probably have to switch to damage dealing specs or tanking specs (imagine double healers facing each other).
As you probably know 2v2 already has some restrictions when it comes to the rewards you can get from it exactly for the very same reason, so I wouldn’t expect 1v1 anytime soon.

But thanks for the suggestion, I do understand where this comes from, it's fun to duel, it really is, but that's why we have the duel option, but we must recognize that duelling has no place in Arenas as the game works right now, this doesn't mean that it will never happen, just that we don't currently have any plans for it, if one day we do, I’m sure that will only happen if circumstances change drastically and somehow we manage to balance PvP across all brackets with a radical new approach to it.

I know this is especially bothersome to those of you who really enjoy playing alone and prefer the 1on1 competitiveness of PvP, just like some people prefer to only do 1vs1 in RTS games, I know that some players are so competitive that when you win, you want to know that it was 100% because of you and only you and not because of your teammate, it’s nice to have total control over the fight, I get that, but still we can't put 1v1 in arenas unless we feel it’s equivalent to all the other brackets, and as I said, at the moment we don’t even feel 2v2 is equivalent to 3v3 or 5v5.