What do I do when...

#1 - Nov. 17, 2012, 2:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I found someone hacking/cheating/botting but at the time was unable to utilize the Report feature?

I was on my 85 cruising through Jade Forest when I saw the darnest thing, another 85 flying (well not really flying, more like falling but resetting themselves up after they fell a bit). I know 85s can't fly in Pandaland, and have seen this before. It took me a bit to click on this sketchy/skippy fellow and when I was right clicking to bring up the Report, he/she went out of range. I couldn't follow him, as my 85 can't fly, and I'm not going to wander aimlessly through Jade Forest in order to find and report.

So, what do I do?
(I have heard submitting tickets get the generic "There is a Report feature, use it" response)
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#2 - Nov. 17, 2012, 2:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I found someone hacking/cheating/botting but at the time was unable to utilize the Report feature?

I was on my 85 cruising through Jade Forest when I saw the darnest thing, another 85 flying (well not really flying, more like falling but resetting themselves up after they fell a bit). I know 85s can't fly in Pandaland, and have seen this before. It took me a bit to click on this sketchy/skippy fellow and when I was right clicking to bring up the Report, he/she went out of range. I couldn't follow him, as my 85 can't fly, and I'm not going to wander aimlessly through Jade Forest in order to find and report.

So, what do I do?
(I have heard submitting tickets get the generic "There is a Report feature, use it" response)

If you caught the name - open a petition.

Report that as a probable compromise, and that you saw the character 'flying' in Pandaria at 85. I'll almost guarantee you....it has about a 97% chance of being just that, a stolen account being abused.