Battlenet Championship...

#1 - Nov. 17, 2012, 4:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
What the hell is going on...?? First of all the commentators aren't even trained how to use the system, then there are weird camera feed cut outs where we can still hear them talking, but they don't realize we can still hear them talking... then there's some pretty bad commentating (at least when compared to past tourneys where Vhell ran the show).

Now there was a HUGE wait for some fighting sounds in the background with no camera feed or commentary??

I'm hearing shockwaves, disarms and spell reflects. Am I missing the only Warrior game in the tourney?? I want to see this freaking japanese WLS go to town on something ffs.

I can't believe BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT'S e-sports support is WORSE than League of Legends.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#25 - Nov. 17, 2012, 5:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey gang, we apologize for the technical issues that have cropped up. We have several teams working world-wide to ensure things go as smoothly as possible and we appreciate the patience. As of right now, though, ROC vs. OB in the Arena Global Finals is live on WoW Main, and IJBH vs. EG is on WoW 02: http://battle.net/bwc/
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#29 - Nov. 17, 2012, 5:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/16/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Cavalettas
EG just won their series!

That was fast! >.< Up next on WoW 02, LG-IM vs. EG: http://battle.net/bwc
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#40 - Nov. 17, 2012, 6:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/16/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Aeriwen

That was fast! Up next on WoW 02, LG-IM vs. EG:

Crit, can we get cross channel announcements for matches. I keep flipping back and forth, because they matches aren't following schedule and they seem to be going all at once.

Those matches were crazy. I thought the one before that would never end. So many close calls on both sides.

We're trying to tweet out the news as each goes live but as you can probably imagine, we're super busy on our side. You can head to Twitch.tv for one feed, use the pop-out option, and then have the other feed going on http:battle.net/bwc. That way you'd have both streams on your screen. Just be aware, this can tax your system a bit if it's aged.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#55 - Nov. 17, 2012, 6:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/16/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Zagan
Yuk! On WoW main a team each with a rogue. This match will last forever.

^^
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#84 - Nov. 17, 2012, 7:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/16/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Babypuke
Hey gang, we apologize for the technical issues that have cropped up. We have several teams working world-wide to ensure things go as smoothly as possible and we appreciate the patience. As of right now, though, ROC vs. OB in the Arena Global Finals is live on WoW Main, and IJBH vs. EG is on WoW 02: http://battle.net/bwc/

I would like to officially retract my opening statements in this thread.

Conrad's "bass dropping" and 'Reckful's professional nose scratching tips 2012' have shown me the error of my ways, clearly worth it.

lol

All I can say.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#122 - Nov. 17, 2012, 8:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just so you all are aware, I'm getting in touch with our folks on the ground in Shanghai at the WoW stages so we can update our schedule. The matches are running a little behind, so we want to make sure that's reflected. ;)

We're also cutting VODs as we go, so the match listings on the Reddit schedule will be updated with those links when they're available.

Hope you're enjoying the action as much as me!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#145 - Nov. 17, 2012, 9:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/17/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Mokì
Hope you're enjoying the action as much as me!

These 30 minute commercial breaks, and 20 minute draws are just thrilling.

I know it's not at all ideal. I find it highly annoying too. Word on the ground is they're working to get caught up to the schedule and reduce downtime.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#154 - Nov. 17, 2012, 10:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Several of the VODs from day one are now available on Reddit.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#164 - Nov. 17, 2012, 12:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/17/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Prunefgt
swag surfin them chaos waves to victory hot DAYUM.

haha ;)

We've added more VODs and updated the schedule to reflect match-up changes that were made to make up for delays earlier on in day one.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#197 - Nov. 18, 2012, 3:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/17/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Goonhah
My fav part about all this is reckful finally got enough donations to afford a real shirt

hahahaha
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#199 - Nov. 18, 2012, 3:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/17/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Gibz
who killed the stream?

It's back up.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#219 - Nov. 18, 2012, 7:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
WB Final is live now on WoW Main!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#229 - Nov. 18, 2012, 8:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/17/2012 11:50 PMPosted by Anurakis
Also wtf Facebook linked Twitch? I don't have a facebook, only those with an element of a social life have Facebooks.

The chat was way too spammy and horrid with no connection to a social network required.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#253 - Nov. 18, 2012, 9:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/18/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Anurakis
Err merr gerd anothers playing dk

Errmerrgerrd, they wipe the floor with Mages

Also hi Bashiok, I don't have a Facebook so I can't moan in channel - hope you're enjoying Shanghai!

I can't change the setting myself, but I'm requesting that the FB requirement be turned off right now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#316 - Nov. 18, 2012, 11:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
All World of Warcraft BWC event VODs are now available on Reddit, including the Arena Grand Final.

Thank you all for tuning in!