Posting on US forums

#1 - Nov. 14, 2012, 2:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First of all I would like to say sorry in advance if this isn't the right place to post about this, I couldn't think of any other category to post in.

My problem is a very simple one.. I would've liked to be able to share my thoughts on the debate of daily quests that's going on the US servers, however I'm not able to do that with my EU character. If you follow the blue trackers you can clearly see that the US forums gets more blue responses than the EU ones, which leads me to believe that the feedback from the EU forums might be close to zero. I might however be wrong, that's just my assumption.

All in all, my request is a simple one, add the option of posting on US forums with EU account, it's obvious that's easily possible since I can log my bnet account on the US webpage. I hope that this feature will be added in the near future, we should be able to speak our minds on threads that seem interesting to us, regardless of the area we live / play in.
Forum Avatar
Community
#22 - Nov. 15, 2012, 1 p.m.
Blizzard Post
15/11/2012 11:52Posted by Gøntier
I repeat Can you reveal to the community your source of information in regards to the "weekly meetings"

Tadaaaaaaa.. just one example.

Zarhym - Twitter
http://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/268292269830979584
Ethan:
@cm_zarhym it would give us something else to burn our JP on when we cap out :)

A) Hope a CM sees my post.
B) Hope a CM considers the point worthy of passing along.

Even if Ghostcrawler, Watcher, or any other dev, read this forum you would still have to hope that one of them sees your post and then answers it as well. That applies to the US forum, too.

I think it can't hurt dropping this one in here also:
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/254617421032337408
Forum Avatar
Community
#39 - Nov. 15, 2012, 3:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
15/11/2012 15:32Posted by Spacehunt
There was also no whitewash at the whitehouse too!

And NASA never sent a man to the moon! LoL ;-)

15/11/2012 15:32Posted by Spacehunt
and while your hear please clear something up. Do you or your line managers meet on a weekly basis with your US counterparts?

Yup, we are in constant contact with our US colleagues. Video conference meetings, phone/voip conference meetings, emails, instant messaging, you name it. The distance between our offices, and also the time zone differences, is an issue of course that unfortunately prevents physical meetings weekly, but we still have those quite often as well.
Forum Avatar
Community
#45 - Nov. 15, 2012, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
15/11/2012 16:01Posted by Zhinru
Hey, how about LITERALLY just blue-tagging threads? As in, a "Blizz" ticker on a thread that says upon mousover "This thread has been read by a Customer Support representative or Community Manager". Very little thing, but it'd help silence people who say Blizz doesn't even acknowledge their existence. On the bigger support page it'd assure people that threads with that ticker had their feedback passed along to the developers.

It is an idea that has been brought up before, but we do have some concerns with it.

The primary function of our forums is, and always has been, to be an environment where players can come together and talk about our games. If we had such a feature as you suggest, we fear that the forums would no longer be such an environment where players come together to talk about our games. Instead it would be all about the "blizz" tag and whether or not threads have one... all threads with a tag would be derailed by people who feel that it didn't deserve a tag, or people who want to grab attention to threads without tags, and threads without a tag would get spam bumped until it would get one.

We can acknowledge that the forums right now are not perfect, but we honestly think such a "blizz" tag system would not improve things... quite the contrary in fact, as it would move attention away from the topics being discussed.
Forum Avatar
Community
#56 - Nov. 15, 2012, 5:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
15/11/2012 16:54Posted by Ulsaki
It is an idea that has been brought up before, but we do have some concerns with it.

As has the idea of allowing us all to post on the same forums. I'd like to know what concerns Blizzard has with that precisely, and why giving feedback on the beta somehow merits an exemption.

To this day I have never seen a single reason that holds up to any scrutiny.

When you consider the fact that your feedback is passed on to the developers (as we continually assure you it is), along with them reading it for themselves (see the earlier link to Ghostcrawler's tweet), why not have separate forums for European players? It allows us to focus on European concerns, alongside the global ones, ensuring local issues don't get pushed down the list of topics.

15/11/2012 16:08Posted by Risby
i totally understand you point but if you take a look at US they get more attension than EU and ive seen many good threads around, the post about low/unpopulated server has around 200 pages,last time a blue answered that one, was on page 156 (i think) and other threads that have been great but felt like nobody cares.

We can only give more information on a topic if there actually is any new information to give. Just posting in a thread to say "We're still following this" isn't massively helpful, and is just as likely to cause negative remarks as anything else. And it's not as if US players are getting answers to this topic while European players aren't. Any news about important topics goes out as soon as we have it. You'll notice a huge amount of important announcements and blogs are made worldwide simultaneously these days.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#61 - Nov. 15, 2012, 5:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
besides we still have not moved beyond the basic unfairness of not being interacted with,
so to sufficiently simplify and clarify it for you:
We are the same as them, but we get a Different treatment, that is by Definition discrimination.

The WoW developers rarely post directly to the forums. Yes, it does happen, but it's not something that US players expect regularly.

Just like the US players—and anyone else for that matter—you are completely free to talk to WoW's Lead System Designer, Ghostcrawler, on Twitter. Give your feedback to him directly or ask questions if you wish, you couldn't ask for a more direct line than that:
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#69 - Nov. 15, 2012, 6:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
15/11/2012 17:35Posted by Ulsaki
I believe you guys when you say you read stuff and give feedback. But what I cannot be sure about is you actually understanding the concerns and reporting them accurately, because I've seen CRZ concerns about gathering and economies be dramatically misconstrued into something like (if you'll excuse the paraphrasing) "you can't level gathering professions extremely easily now, too bad". And even if you did, as I said, it hampers discussion because a weekly report does not get discussed and fed off other players.

We know the core concerns, we really do. Replies such as the one you mentioned above are responses to specific issues rather than the situation as a whole. Without getting drawn off-topic, we are fully aware of the main issues you all talk about. When we respond with points that counter certain concerns, we're not dismissing those concerns at all, we're just trying to explain why a feature is the way it is or how a design change came about. This is all we can do until we have any further news on a subject from the developers, and US blue posters are in exactly the same position.

Please don't assume that we're not passing on your exact thoughts and feelings on things just because we don't always appear to share your opinions.