Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Nov. 14, 2012, 4:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We’ve applied a hotfix to resolve an issue where players in Raid Finder were being saved as having killed a boss after a wipe in Heart of Fear. The hotfix is active and doesn't require a rolling restart to take effect. Heart of Fear is now safe for your Raid Finder adventuring needs.

For the small number of players who were ineligible for a chance at loot as a result of this bug before it was fixed, we're currently discussing the best resolution and will provide an update as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Nov. 14, 2012, 4:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/13/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Stormheals
Does the solution only affect people who killed the bosses or also the people were just locked incorrectly? I wiped and didn't kill a boss and got saved apparently. Am I now unsaved and can go safely or do I need to wait for a solution?

This does not affect those that killed a boss and got loot. The hotfix was to correct an issue where players got saved when a boss resets; like after a wipe.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#38 - Nov. 14, 2012, 5:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/13/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Renotarshil
You didn't read, I haven't killed the Boss because we wiped repeatedly and I'm still saved to it. According to that, it should have fixed itself but didn't.

The hotfix prevents more people from being saved incorrectly when a boss resets. For players already saved, we're still exploring what we can do and will provide an update as soon as possible.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#381 - Nov. 16, 2012, 12:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have an update for characters that experienced this issue. Those characters have been given two Elder Charms of Good Fortune. Those charms will be added the next time those characters login.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#944 - Dec. 12, 2012, 8 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't know about the individual circumstances but, if you have (if not already) been in touch with the Game Master department they have the tools and knowledge on verifying if the character was eligible to receive the Elder Charms.