Server Maintenance idea, "standard down time"

#1 - Nov. 13, 2012, 8:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is an idea I have to make server/service maintenance easier to understand for us players. It is NOT a QQ post about downtime anything like that, it is a serious suggestion. I think that having a weekly standard downtime of say, 12 hours or 10 or 8 or whatever Blizzard chooses would be easier to understand for us than everyweek being different. Every week, take a ceartin amount of time to maintain the servers, no matter if needed, "needed" or not needed. Like, "every Tuesday, downtime will be 3AM-3PM." So, every week players will know "its downtime, and that's for sure." This will also allow blizzard to maintain WoW.

But, what if you need more time? Then, Blizzard can post "This week will be longer, and downtime will last to 5PM."

I just think that a standard downtime and extended downtime would be easier to understand then the guessing games that has been happening for years every Tuesday. Thanks for reading!

Note: Times here can be changed by Blizzard naturally if such a suggestion were considered and are used as an example only.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Nov. 13, 2012, 8:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please help us consolidate discussion regarding this by posting in our sticky thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004017485

It has become necessary to extend today’s regularly scheduled maintenance by approximately two hours. We currently anticipate that realms will become available at 1:00 p.m. PST, though we will revise that estimate if the situation changes.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.