Cinder Kitten

#1 - Nov. 9, 2012, 2:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I spoke to Nethaera on Twitter, and was informed that there is no ETA that blizzard will give out... :( sorry guys, but i wanted to let all of you know.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#24 - Nov. 9, 2012, 3:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/08/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Trogdorp
I don't know why they don't just release it right away, the sooner its out the sooner people can get the help they need from this

Keep in mind we have to patch the game to get the pet added, which is what we're doing with Patch 5.1. Unfortunately, it's not at all a trivial process to build a "fast patch" to get the Cinder Kitten in the game before 5.1 is released.

That said, we were extremely anxious to get the announcement put up asap, as we recognize the time-sensitive nature of this charitable cause and wanted to make sure you all were at least made aware to expect it. :)

He's so adorable! Thank you all very much for your enthusiasm around adopting the little fella in the name of supporting the Red Cross, a truly remarkable organization helping to repair lives in the wake of Sandy.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - Nov. 9, 2012, 4:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/08/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Novijen
It will be the first pet I buy from Blizz.

<3
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#143 - Nov. 10, 2012, 3:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Because the kitten was not designed to be a charity issue until Blizzard decided to milk the issue for popularity sake.

If they actually cared about getting money to the Red Cross in support of the hurricane they would:

1) Already have something available.
2) Not be announcing it BEFORE the weeks it is going to take for 5.1 to be launched.

It's a pretty !@#$ty thing to do in order to 'look good' and although many people might think of me negative for saying it, they are just looking for a tax write-off and public karma.

I'm actually really happy that our business practices are nowhere near as cynical as you portray, though it literally makes me sick to my stomach to even read this. If you want to know some background (so you don't have to make it up yourself), the Cinder Kitten was already being set up as a charity pet prior to the hurricane. Once Sandy hit we recognized that we needed to change our plans. But, by that time, it became difficult to do much to change the timetable for getting this pet in the game and on sale. Anyway, with that context, to your points:

1) Already have something available? Like, we should have backup "disaster" pets in the game just waiting to be sold when the next disaster strikes. Tell me how that would be any more difficult for you to spin in some cynical way.

2) I already explained why we announced it. While the pet isn't available yet and the Blizzard Store isn't prepared to take the transactions, we need people to know we're doing this. If an adorable little pet is going to encourage a greater number of donations, I don't see the value in presumptively tearing down Blizzard for cynical PR, nor do I see the value in some of the other posts in this thread belittling people for needing to get something in return for a donation.

It's a situation that's mutually beneficial for Blizzard, our customers, the Red Cross, and those who need disaster relief. If all you want to do is find a way to spin this into some cynical ploy on anyone's behalf, I seriously want you to leave this thread and not come back.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#161 - Nov. 10, 2012, 3:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/09/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Mælstromedos
You never addressed the idea of preorder or did you? Did you all ever think of a preorder option to get the funds raised ahead of the actual content release? Like during a meeting about the pet or however it is you plan content.

There's just not a whole lot I can say about this right now. Setting these things up on the Blizzard Store isn't a trivial task either, particularly if a presale is involved.

I think it's an excellent idea and would love to see it happen. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#165 - Nov. 10, 2012, 3:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post

4 Cynical's

I fully understand and see your point Zarhym ol' buddy, but we really need to get you another thesaurus.

Past that, I can't wait to get mine. It'll be the only bright-spot I have as a hunter this x-pac.

I know I used that word a lot. It was just the most appropriate adjective to use without digging into a Thesaurus or breaking the Code of Conduct myself. ;p