Brawler's Guild = Buy your own server first.

#1 - Nov. 8, 2012, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"Invites to the Guild will (at least initially) only be available for purchase on the Black Market Auction House. We’ve taken this approach both to control queue times, and also because the Brawler’s Guild is meant to be kind of a small, underground thing, and a way for players on a realm to come together. At first, that will happen because invites will go out from one player to another based on who buys those initial Black Market invites. After reaching a certain rank in the Brawler’s Guild, each of the new members can eventually earn one new invitation of their own to pass out to someone else on the same realm, so the Brawler’s Guilds on each realm should get progressively larger and larger over time. We may also investigate alternate methods of acquiring invitations or making them more plentiful."

Why oh Why are you making the assumption that those few people that have insane amounts of gold to have bought the first set of invitation are going to actually share them with the community? What has the WoW player base ever done in regards to getting a server first that would make you think for the slightest instant that they're going to "play fair" and be nice and share with one another? Why wouldn't they just sit on the guild invite that way, the only competition for server first is the other few people with insane amounts of gold?

I get your logic, I really do, but you're not gating it, you're handing the richest people on the servers a shot at server first and leaving the rest of us, who, odds are, probably more skilled than those rich few, to wait patiently twiddling our thumbs.

Now I'm not one of those freaks that screams foul if I can't get in a heroic raid or have the phatest epix lewtzes. I pay to play WoW and for the most part I do. I run raids (generally LFR and regulars, I'm not "hardcore" enough for heroic, nor is our raid) , I run heroics (instances), I pvp, I do arenas, I would do RBG but a good team of people who won't have an aneurysm if they lose is so hard to find, not to mention its just regular BG's with skill. But this Brawler Guild, there is no logical reason why I shouldn't be allowed into it. Because I don't invest in the art of gold buying? And to say "Oh but you are allowed into it" is a lie. If I don't shell out, well, lets be honest, probably the gold cap for the BMAH, I'm not allowed in.

I can't agree with this. If there was a fail-safe to insure that those rich people had to let people in, then that would be one thing, but once they buy their way in, there isn't anything saying they have to invite more people in as competition to their server first. And lets really add insult to injury... How much do you think they're going to charge for those invites after the server first is obtained? I can bet it will probably be somewhere in the vicinity of what they originally paid, for each and every invites they "give" out.

I'm sorry, but I have to question how much you guys really thought this through. Great Gold sink, poor design.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - Nov. 8, 2012, 9:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First: There's already a forum sticky on this subject - please feel free to post your thoughts there.

Second: The Brawler's Guild will not include a realm first achievement.