You have to increase the macro space.

#1 - Nov. 6, 2012, 8:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There is not enough macros, there needs to be more space, both on character specific and general.
Forum Avatar
Community
#2 - Nov. 6, 2012, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've hit the max number of macros myself quite a few times, but every time I needed to create a new one I always found some redundant or out-dated macro that I didn't need any more that could be deleted or adapted, are you sure there is nothing in there that you can clean up a bit?

Over the years there have been many changes done to a lot of abilities, for example, stuff like Intervene doesn't need a macro anymore to target a friendly player, it automatically targets the target of target, so if you have an enemy selected, you don't need a macro anymore, you can just press plain Intervene. There are other examples like this one, the old macros still work, but they're redundant and thus unnecessary.
Forum Avatar
Community
#23 - Nov. 9, 2012, 4:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I only meant to emphasize that there might be ways to be more efficient and save some macro space, while some of you might feel that there is no room for improvement in your macros, I’m quite sure others will find ways to save space by knowing about all the changes that have been done to certain abilities over the years.

I do understand the need for more macros, particularly when you start using targetting functions like [target=arenaX] for a lot of abilities if you’re into Arenas.
Having this kind of feedback from you is a good thing; this is valuable information, and the more data that you can send us about it the better.

I’m sure that when macros were added to the game, people didn’t immediately expect to see all the slots being used, but since macros are so versatile and the game is in a constant state of evolution, it’s not surprising that some players are reaching the limit. Like always, we'll let you know if anything changes.