I gotta say, I kinda hate this expansion.

#1 - Nov. 5, 2012, 10:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I mean, the Pandaren are a pretty cool race, and the Monk class is nifty, but this whole Pandaria continent, it just feels so... Uninteresting.

The various factions, the Shado-Pan, the Golden Lotus, the Klaxxi, I don't care about any of them. None of them seem really interesting to me and it looks like the only reason they exist is to have dailies. The zones are... alright. But most of the questing is still grinding.

The Mantid, the Sha, the Pandaren, the Mogu, all of it seems so boring.

When I look back to WotLK, when we were trudging through Northrend, fighting the Scourge, fighting the Nerubians. Northrend was awesome because you were fighting an enemy you knew was dangerous because you're familiar with them. It was great to see Anub'arak again, it was great to do the Wrathgate chain, it was great to see the Lich King make various appearances throughout Northrend.

I thought I would like Pandaria, but I really don't that much. I can hardly motivate myself to do these dailies for these factions I don't care about. Let alone search out these "lore objects" scattered throughout Pandaria for the exploring achievements. Does anyone actually read those?

Also I would like to say I'm quite disappointed how the Alliance - Horde war has been neglected. You fight the Horde briefly during Jade Forest's beginning, but then you almost never hear from them again. Then suddenly there's the Battle of Serpent's Heart, which was pretty cool to see. But yet again, afterwards nothing else happens, you just go on to help out the Pandaren with their boring tasks.

All in all I'm kind of disappointed with this expansion. And I just hope they have something really, really good for the next content patches.
Forum Avatar
Community
#20 - Nov. 6, 2012, 9:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for the feedback. It is always nice to read constructive criticism, even if it isn't necessarily positive. :-)

05/11/2012 23:16Posted by Eolien
You fight the Horde briefly during Jade Forest's beginning, but then you almost never hear from them again

5.1 apparently is bringing a lot of the Horde and Alliance back into it and we all know how this expansion is going to end. Blizzard didn't send 5.0 would bring the war between the Horde and Alliance, they said that the whole of Mists of Pandaria would.

This is indeed just the beginning of the expansion, so expect more things to happen as more content patches gets released.

05/11/2012 22:47Posted by Zhodoa
And I just hope they have something really, really good for the next content patches.

We do indeed ;-)

Please keep posting your feedback people, in this thread as well as others. If you like or do not like something, it is always nice to read why you feel that way :-)
Forum Avatar
Community
#31 - Nov. 6, 2012, 10:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/11/2012 10:31Posted by Darkangle
He doesn't share your view. Doesn't make him stupid, it just makes him different.

Indeed. Having a different opinion ≠ stupidity.

Please keep it civil people!