Achievement API missing some criteria IDs?

#1 - Oct. 27, 2012, 10:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Example: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/achievement/41

According to that, about half of the criteria for that achievement have an ID of '0'.
Forum Avatar
Battle.net Developer
#2 - Oct. 29, 2012, 6:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for finding this. I have bugged it internally, definitely something is off with those criteria.
Forum Avatar
Battle.net Developer
#3 - Oct. 30, 2012, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We had a couple of questions come into the api-support email about my response here so I wanted to clarify a few things.

With MoP the internal structure of criteria changed pretty significantly. Most of the bugs that can be found on the achievement pages of the game site, and in the API are due to these changes. In this particular case the criteria that have missing criteria ID's are internally made up of more than one criteria and our code is incorrectly finding the right criteria id.

The fix for this will not result in a change to the current API structure for achievements and criteria. My fix will only result in the id's being present instead of 0. This bug is also only on the display of the website and API data, it is not a game bug or a bug with anyone player's individual data.

This bug is also unrelated (at least directly) to some community run sites having incomplete criteria listed for certain new achievements. This bug (at least) is only in our battle.net web site and API code.