Why this?

#1 - Oct. 26, 2012, 11:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so forgive me if it's not. I'll start by telling what is happening to me right now.

More than 2 hours ago, I went to join dungeon finder with a friend, we ended up with 3 other people from the realm Arthas (tank+ 2 dps). The dungeon we came up into was (we're still there as of now) Gate of the Setting Sun. By the time we were movingo to the final boss (Raigonn), those 3 people claimed that either I or my friend would have to quit, they said they would only do the fight when that happened. Then for the next 2 hours they kept pulling the boss, trying to get us killed, or doing/talking things to try to make me or my friend leave. And then they started threatening us by telling they made tickets about us, trying to scare us by telling the GM would be on their side because it's 3 against 2 and whatever. I just want to understand why are they doing this, we could just have killed the last boss and finished the dungeon, but they insist in doing this only if we leave. Like this: [removed]
Forum Avatar
Customer Support
#3 - Oct. 26, 2012, 11:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've removed the screenshot since we don't allow content or posts that directly call out other players.

Ultimately, if you encounter this kind of behavior in-game, your only option is to either attempt to vote-kick or move on to a new dungeon. I understand you can't vote-kick the other players out as they outnumber you, and I understand flat out leaving the dungeon will give you deserter.

It's definitely a bad situation with no real good outcome, Dannoyer. Even if our Game Master staff are able to intervene, it would most definitely be faster to just find a new group. I encourage you to report harassing behavior via right-click reporting, but understand that being mean isn't a violation of our policies.
Forum Avatar
Customer Support
#5 - Oct. 26, 2012, 11:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/26/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Perl
and I understand flat out leaving the dungeon will give you deserter.

If they're on the last boss and have been trying to get the others to down the boss for 2 hours, I don't think that they get deserter for it. Only in the first 30 minutes without any boss down right?

I'm not sure, to be honest. There's various rules of exemption from the debuff that aren't apparent to players and even myself.
Forum Avatar
Customer Support
#13 - Oct. 26, 2012, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
They aren't "being mean". They are 1) Disrupting the player from playing 2) Harassing the player(being mean and harassing are different and this is downright harassment).

Also basically what you just said was "Sucks man, but yeah nothing we can do or will do even though you have tangible proof and we can actually look through in game data to see this happened"

You are right - my post wasn't entirely clear. But, getting into a dungeon group and having players make fun of you or telling you you're doing a boss wrong or tanking in a cloth dress - none of these are violations.

If they are berating the player using offensive language, these are absolutely the kinds of things we would investigate. If they are bypassing ignore or having all their friends message a player, that's harassment of another kind (like the ongoing type you quoted).

Ultimately - and correct me if I'm wrong Dannoyer - as the player, I may want "retribution" against the jerks in my group, but really I just want to get into a new dungeon and move on with my life.

As far as being worried about being punished - it didn't sound like you were doing anything wrong. If members of a random dungeon group want you out of the group, they can use the vote-kick system. Bullying or coercion aren't how you get what you want, and we won't action you for standing up for yourself (respectfully).