Blizz quits at customer care

#1 - Oct. 25, 2012, 8:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Its official. The report buttons that Blizz implemented awhile back officially go to an inbox where nobody looks at them and they are deleted on mass once the inbox is full. How do I know this is the case? Just last week we had a player in trade chat give off some specific views on Jews and Blacks.[Removed]clever no? He was reported but yup you guessed it boys and girls he is still on and after several "N" bombs that he nicely mispells to get around the filter, trade chat had to be turned off. So what is in the local trade chat at this very moment you may ask? A few people are describing the best way to [Removed] Of course we can all see how those are in game topics, Right?

All I am asking here is that we settle this right now. Either burn the Code Of Conduct and anything goes or Blizz actually implements some sort of control. I am pretty sure that both acts above are actually criminal in some or all states. How much would it cost Blizz to hire 4 people per realm to do 8 hour rotating shifts to mod Chat? I am not talking about all chat people are social animals, but like the 2 examples above those need to be caught on the spot and allowed to roll on for days until Blizz maybe gets around to looking at a report.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#31 - Oct. 25, 2012, 9:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/25/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Snowwhited
How much would it cost Blizz to hire 4 people per realm to do 8 hour rotating shifts to mod Chat?

Well, consider that there are approximately 240 realms x 4 people per realm, that would be at the minimum of 960 people. Merely to sift through language and context violations and not actually helping to address the myriad of other issues that Game Masters help with. That isn't very practical.

10/25/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Snowwhited
He was reported but yup you guessed it boys and girls he is still on

Our goal is not to close the suspend or close the accounts of anyone who may violate those policies. We give players the chance to correct their behavior and take into consideration the severity of the offense as well as the history of the account. This article covers the basics of how this works.

Also keep in mind that while the right click report feature can be very effective for addressing such behavior, it is a social system. Meaning that while your report is important, and will be used for any related investigation, the atmosphere of a realm is directly related to the involvement of those on it to report it as well.

If you believe a person is violating our policies please continue to report, and encourage others to do the same.

No you can't it comes up as player not found/unknown. People have been complaining about not being able to report/ignore those from other servers since CRZ landed!

Strange, I just did so without an issue. Are you certain it is an issue with the reporting feature and not a UI issue? Have you tried resetting your UI to default?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#36 - Oct. 25, 2012, 10:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/25/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Ohmai
Are you for real?

Absolutely. There was an issue when the cross-realm tech was originally implemented but it should not be happening any longer. As I said, I just tested when I posted, and was able to file a complaint without an issue by right clicking on the offending chat and selecting Report For: Language.

I don't doubt that some may still be experiencing an issue but if that is a bug or a UI issue I can't say for certain. If you are having trouble with it, try returning your UI to default to see if that allows you to use the feature. If it does not, then post in the Bug Report forum with additional details. For example: My character on realm X was trying to report a person on realm Y and I received this message.

The trouble with any bug is the ability to reproduce it. If there is an intermittent issue the more information that is supplied the better.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#38 - Oct. 25, 2012, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You'd only need 1 person to cover a range of realms (3-4 since they'd just be monitoring trade) and as you started to clean them up then they'd disappear a bit. Random checks of things. Upon saying that, it's still 60 people that would be required which is a lot.

Regardless, we do not actively monitor the chat that takes place in game. It is, and has always been, an impractical use of resources. We are looking into better more efficient ways of addressing these matters, not ones that are less so.

While we may further adjust how the system works, for now, it is here to stay. Please use it when applicable.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#45 - Oct. 25, 2012, 10:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/25/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Gunny
You guys skip catered lunches a few times this week and write the code and buy a server. You can do it.

Those of us who moderate this forum, and by extension the In-Game Support staff, are not developers, nor are we liaisons with them. Feel free to post your feedback on the reporting system in the General Discussion forum if you wish to see changes made to it.

I believe this discussion has run its course. Thank you all.