Racism in wow

#1 - Oct. 24, 2012, 8:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Do something about it Blizzard its not funny letting this happen on your watch. Racists passing themselves off as black to throw the N word around.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#33 - Oct. 25, 2012, 1:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
10/24/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Trucknorris
LOL! even you reported them, you really think bliz would really give up on their subscriptions for you?

If they are violating our policies and continue to do so? Absolutely. Although, I wouldn't say that one subscription is more valuable than another. One players subscription has nothing to do with the actions taken against another, only that person's adherence to our policies can impact that.

Our goal is not to suspend or close the account of those who play this game. Folks use poor judgement from time to time and may use inappropriate language and subject matter for this Teen Rated game. Our policies are designed to give players a chance to correct such behavior, but if they do not, they will eventually work their way up Penalty Volcano. If that happens they will be removed from the game for increasing durations until, with much regret, the account will be closed.

10/24/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Hwaeom
I rarely swear unless out of frustration on this game, you never have EVER swore from anger? Aren't you a saint.

Yes, I can accidentally utter an expletive if I stub my toe or someone cuts me off on the freeway. I've never accidentally typed out profanity though, that takes more of a conscious effort. That isn't to say that lapses in judgement don't happen, but the Mature Language filter, as stated, is not an excuse for using such language.

It is an added layer of protection for parents of minor children and others who do not wish to see or be exposed to that type of language.

10/24/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Miaochi
Do something about it Blizzard its not funny letting this happen on your watch. Racists passing themselves off as black to throw the N word around.

Miaochi, as the others mentioned, it doesn't matter what race or nationality someone may claim to be, inappropriate language is still inappropriate. Please right click on the offending chat line and select report player: Language. That report will be used to by our In-Game support staff to investigate such violations of our policies.

It seems that this discussion is becoming nonconstructive, and terms and language that should not be used keep showing up. Please be mindful of your language while posting in forums, certain expressions including some acronyms are not appropriate here.