Running WoW in 64bit

#1 - Oct. 24, 2012, 11:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello!

I wasn't sure if this was a General question or technical support but I'm wondering what the pros and cons are of running WoW in 64bit.

Thanks!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Oct. 25, 2012, 12:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The game runs in 64bit by default now when using the launcher if it detects a 64bit OS, so there's nothing you have to do to enable it. You can disable this in the launcher through the Game Preferences options, but ultimately the fact that it's the default setting for the game now should speak to our recommendation in its use. Disabling it should really only be as a potential troubleshooting step if game crashes are occurring.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - Jan. 17, 2013, 3:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/16/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Cleankill
I just installed WOW on a new Win 7 64bit install and have had to "repair" the last 3 nights just to play due to it stalling out. Would using the direct 9 possibly fix this?

I'd recommend hitting up the support site and trying to find an answer there on how to fix your crashes (if that's what they are), and if nothing seems to help contact our support by opening a ticket from the same page. File corruption is generally due to a hardware or driver issue in my experience, but certainly there can be countless causes. http://us.battle.net/support/