Blue-Blizz-Blizzard- CM- (Insert Blue Name)

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Oct. 11, 2012, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've seen a lot of threads with these types of titles as of late and I thought it would be good to take a moment to remind everyone that these types of titles while attention getting, are not necessary. We have made this clear in our guidelines that you can read here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2

Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

The forums should be used as a place to have a discussion. Sometimes that's with us, but mostly, it's to have discussions with each other as a community. We're here and doing what we can to follow many many conversations and concerns. We're reading as much as we can among our other work, so it's unnecessary to use any of the above to call us forth like a genie in a bottle. ;)

I just wanted to get this out here so that hopefully, people don't get valid or interesting threads deleted. We've been a bit lenient as of late, but the trend is rising and I wanted to nip it in the bud before it got too out of hand. Thanks for understanding all.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - Oct. 11, 2012, 7:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/11/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Aurk
simply stop responding to the threads, or better yet, just lock them and state why. that way, they know you specifically are not answering them for the rule violation.

As I said in my post, we've been lenient. This is merely a notification of the guideline as a courtesy for those that may not be aware before we decide to become less lenient. ;)