Golden Lotus

#1 - Sept. 30, 2012, 11:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In all of my time questing, and that is the main way I am lvling, I have found only one Golden Lotus. And I always pick an herb if I see it. Its almost an obsession.

How many have you found and which zones seem to drop them more?

Yes I know that they can be bought from a vendor. I'm curious as to your experience with the elusive herb in the field.

Next question, does the drop rate need to be slightly increased? Their over 400g apiece on my server.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - Oct. 5, 2012, 5:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In all of my time questing, and that is the main way I am lvling, I have found only one Golden Lotus. And I always pick an herb if I see it. Its almost an obsession.

How many have you found and which zones seem to drop them more?

Yes I know that they can be bought from a vendor. I'm curious as to your experience with the elusive herb in the field.

Next question, does the drop rate need to be slightly increased? Their over 400g apiece on my server.

I've found quite a few of them, but I also find myself constantly mousing over nodes to see if it's a golden lotus or not. I've literally feared a mob just to be able to run to one and pick it. ;) I've found them in all of the new zones so far, it's random and keep in mind they may spawn in after another herb is picked (shared spawn points.) If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. We're watching the spawn rate discussions though too.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#48 - Oct. 5, 2012, 6:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/05/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Ignatowski
I'm finishing up the 3rd zone and I've only found one. However, this guy had 14 hours at level 87 after more than a week of playing.
If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms
I didn't not know this. I'll quit throwing out the motes then. (thinks of 30 or more dead motes and cringes)

May I suggest you check out this blog post? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6968167

It should help you to understand a bit more about what you can do with them. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#73 - Oct. 5, 2012, 8:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post

For as long as this is not the case, I'm never going to see other people out in the wild as anything other than potential ninjas. Sorry.

I'm on a PvP realm. I'm seeing them as competition all the time. ;) And I love it. But that's just me. Other's experiences may be different obviously.

I also found two nodes very near each other up on Mt. Neverest just yesterday. I believe they each gave two or three each.