Unacceptable lengthy server queue times

#1 - Oct. 1, 2012, 11:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard,

This is really ridiculous. Second day in a row now I have not been able to level my character because of 2-3+ hour queue wait times just to login. What am I paying you for? I cannot play the game I am paying for every month and spent money buying an expansion I cannot even enjoy. I have been very patient. But this is ridiculous. I would like to be contacted by a Blizzard representative immediately. Either from here at the forums, email or my phone number. Either way, I want to be contacted. It is completely unacceptable that I am losing valuable leveling time because of your server queues. I shouldnt have to pay to transfer to another server, nor do I want to move. I have a good guild I am with. I made a lot of friends. And all my RL friends are on this server. There is no reason I should have to deal with this. I want some sort of compensation for my loss of time. You know, some of us have to work and have responsibilities that prevent us from being able to play whenever we want. So I shouldnt have to spend most of my night waiting to get logged in. I expect some sort of compensation, and I dont want money or time free. I want the same amount of leveling time that I am losing, that I could be spending. This is completely unacceptable and ridiculous. No excuses. I am sorry for going on a rant here but my patience is finally worn its welcome. If the company I work for did business like this, there would be no business to run.

I would appreciate a response one way or another.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#3 - Oct. 2, 2012, midnight
Blizzard Post
I don't see Dragonmaw as having a queue, but assuming you're referring to a different realm have you checked out the free transfers we're currently offering?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7384661/Free_Character_Transfers_Available-9_26_2012

I understand moving carries a lot of considerations, but in my opinion it's your best option. Better yet would be to get your friends and guild to move with you, of course.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - Oct. 2, 2012, 12:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is not my main. My mains are on another server. I use this as an alias to avoid being ridiculed by a community that believes every person making a complaint is a troll.

This is not a solution. As a paying customer, something needs to be done about this.

It's not fun to wait in queues, I hit them myself from time to time. People tend to 'clump up' to play with friends or join guilds on specific realms, and then everyone comes back for expansions or even new patches. We'll pretty commonly see queues hit a couple hours. The realm hardware, not to mention game content, is designed to house and support a specific number of characters per realm. It's not feasible to increase and decrease those allotments as interest increases and wanes, which is why we offer free character transfers when queues get too high.

With the advent of BattleTags and cross-realm zones, being on separate realms from your friends actually doesn't mean much as to your ability to talk and interact with them. Of course the best solution might just be trying to get everyone to move with you.