Starter Account Upgrade Issue!!!

#1 - Sept. 28, 2012, 7:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just wanted to post this towards the Developers about starter accounts... I understand the reasoning behind 72 hours to verify information, but what I don't get is how after 72 hours I am still held to a starter account restrictions after have upgrading the account... After speaking to someone over the phone about this issue I have found out that I am not the only one being affected by this... Do you people not realize that this affects the gameplay for us... This issue needs to be addressed!
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#2 - Sept. 28, 2012, 7:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/28/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Magicwaffle
I just wanted to post this towards the Developers about starter accounts... I understand the reasoning behind 72 hours to verify information, but what I don't get is how after 72 hours I am still held to a starter account restrictions after have upgrading the account... After speaking to someone over the phone about this issue I have found out that I am not the only one being affected by this... Do you people not realize that this affects the gameplay for us... This issue needs to be addressed!

If it truly has been a full 72 hours, I'd first try changing the password on the account. It may just be an update issue. Changing the password can often force an update.

If you are online when the timer passes, relogging is also usually needed to pick up the status change.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#6 - Sept. 28, 2012, 7:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, these all seem to share one thing - the payments are queued and still processing.

That I am going to ask to be looked into further, but these restrictions will still apply until those resolve.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#9 - Sept. 28, 2012, 8:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/28/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Niyr
According to the associate I talked to this morning, they said that payments were going slow because of all of the Mists of Pandaria Digital Orders and Faction/Race Changes going on.

That billing rep you spoke with may have been operating under some assumptions that were not necessarily true.

Yes, there are some delays with these processing, but a delay in the process itself may be the issue, not how many purchases are being made. They are looking into the matter and we'll see what can be done to hurry it along.