Scenarios need to check spec

#1 - Sept. 27, 2012, 11:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please stop putting mutliple healers in scenarios together. Thank you.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Sept. 27, 2012, 11:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I chose to take my warrior to 90 first instead of my priest so I don't have firsthand as to difficulty in a healing spec, but it seems interesting they wouldn't have a second DPS spec. (Do a lot of people actually level in healery specs?) Maybe it's a misunderstanding of what Scenarios are, and why they aren't swapping. Maybe you should just let them know they should probably swap to DPS for Scenarios.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - Sept. 27, 2012, 11:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
People should be approaching them as outdoor group quests that happen to be in an instance, and not dungeons. It's just getting used to the concept I think. The ability to queue for them probably makes it a lot tougher to shake the "ok I'm going into dungeon/raid" mode.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#18 - Sept. 27, 2012, 11:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/27/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Trygveseim
It isn't like a dungeon, but with outdoor group quests you get to pick who you play with. Disc is a very good spec to run scenario with because it is a good balance of some DPS with good off healing. It is effective.

I wouldn't disagree with that. Would you also say the same for your two group-mates, holy paladins and resto druids? Would you then say each of you had reasonably chosen a spec based on the type of content a Scenario offers?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - Sept. 27, 2012, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/27/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Trygveseim

I wouldn't disagree with that. Would you also say the same for your two group-mates, holy paladins and resto druids? Would you then say each of you had reasonably chosen a spec based on the type of content a Scenario offers?
Why would I choose to quest with 2 other healers? I can control that.
I can't control who I end up with in scenarios.

Right, which is why my point is I think it's a perception issue where people believe they should be jumping into Scenarios believing it's like a dungeon and that they'll be healing.

I'm going to hit up a designer though, maybe there is some possibility of saving groups from themselves so certain specs aren't matched up at some point.