MoP CRZ just witnessed

#1 - Sept. 25, 2012, 4:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just saw a player from different server in Jade Forest. Again Blizz, you seem to say one thing and do another. Guildmate reported it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Sept. 25, 2012, 4:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/25/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Goonbossa
Just saw a player from different server in Jade Forest. Again Blizz, you seem to say one thing and do another. Guildmate reported it.

While we aren't sharing zones in Pandaria, this doesn't preclude people from grouping with friends and bringing them over to play via Real ID or Battle Tag.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Sept. 25, 2012, 4:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You can read our comprehensive post about cross-realm zone sharing here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893

It may provide some further insight on how it should be working and any known issues that may still exist with it. As always, please feel free to post/report bugs in the bug report forum so we can hunt them down and kill them with all due prejudice.

Hey Neth!

Yeah that is what I thought through real ID. I just tried the CRZ last night with real ID friends from a PvE server last night and we were all ganked liked crazy. Was that because of me being from a PvP server?

Correction:

It is random. Sorry about that:

The exception to this is that players are freely able to invite Real ID and BattleTag friends to join their party, even if their realm types do not match. In this case, players will be randomly placed within a party member’s realm. While it might be a little disconcerting to know that players from non-RP realms are adventuring in RP realms, or that players from PvP realms are exploring PvE realms, this is working as intended. Those players are in the company of friends from the target realm.

Please keep in mind that if you choose to group with Real ID and BattleTag friends, you may be placed on a different realm type depending on the members of your party. As such, we recommend grouping with players who belong to realm types you are comfortable with experiencing (such as PvE or RP).

We'll keep an eye on things and keep taking constructive feedback.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#43 - Sept. 25, 2012, 7:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/25/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Belorion
You pulled your friends to your realm type versus the other way around. If you're the group leader and do the inviting, they'll be pulled to you versus the other way around.

Neth,

Rygarius' post that you linked to says that the CRZ realm is determined randomly, not by party leader. Has this changed?

I just corrected my post. I had forgotten that this had been updated recently.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#46 - Sept. 25, 2012, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It was changed (at least) as of the post that I initially linked to.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#62 - Sept. 26, 2012, 3:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just to follow-up, we're looking into reports of any unexpected behaviors with the Cross-Realm Zone sharing to make sure there aren't any from how the intended design should be.

As always, the feedback has been appreciated from everyone.

I did verify that it will most likely pull players to the highest level person's realm/realm type. Though there are potential exceptions that could affect it. We're continuing to monitor feedback and should we have anything more to share, we will.