Vanish Nerf

#0 - Oct. 26, 2010, 1:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
why was vanish nerfed after being bug fixed? is there a logical reason that I'm not thinking of?

And by being nerfed I mean the loss of the improved stealth for 10 seconds and the fact that it dosen't drop target.

It is a PITA to vanish against a hunter only to unstealth, eat, restealth and have his pet attack me because he had me targeted the whole time.

Also we may not be able to be taken out of 3 seconds but that 10 secodns of improved stealth was really helpful. It kept us from being brought out of stealth for 10 seconds after vanish when it worked if we were trying to get away but were in a cluster of players.

thanks for any information on the subject.

Edit: while on the subject of stealth

Why is it that pet classes have a huge advantage over rogues by not letting them ooc restealth? dosen't that cause balance issues?
#68 - Oct. 28, 2010, 1:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The only live Vanish bug we know of had to do with pets and guardians still being able to target you. We have fixed that on our end.
#100 - Oct. 28, 2010, 5:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
GC, please, look at the stealth levels and ensure we're really where we're supposed to be. I can tell you now that I do not feel that my stealth is as effective as it was before the patch.

We just checked and druid stealth vs. rogue stealth is correct. The night elf racial may be interacting strangely, and we can look into that, but I'm not sure what else might be affecting things.