Theramore scenario - requirements?

#1 - Sept. 7, 2012, 12:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So to experience the Threamore scenario (and I am very, very annoyed that it is one - in the past anyone - even a level 10 - could participate in the events, but now you have to be 85 and then 90 after MOP to experience the event) what is needed?

I know you have to be level 85.

Do you need a traditional 5 person group tank / healer / 3x DPS? Or can 3 friends do it together? Or is it going to be like when we took back undercity or the end of the DK zone where it just queues up as many as want to within every 5 - 15 minutes and the NPC's do all the heavy lifting? Is there going to be an iLevel requirement? If not to get in, at least to have a successful group or will an 85 in 318 questing gear be able to do it?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - Sept. 13, 2012, 11:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So to experience the Threamore scenario (and I am very, very annoyed that it is one - in the past anyone - even a level 10 - could participate in the events, but now you have to be 85 and then 90 after MOP to experience the event) what is needed?

I know you have to be level 85.

Do you need a traditional 5 person group tank / healer / 3x DPS? Or can 3 friends do it together? Or is it going to be like when we took back undercity or the end of the DK zone where it just queues up as many as want to within every 5 - 15 minutes and the NPC's do all the heavy lifting? Is there going to be an iLevel requirement? If not to get in, at least to have a successful group or will an 85 in 318 questing gear be able to do it?

You just need two other level 85 friends of any class to do it (for the first week it's out). After that, it just goes to 90 and it will work the same. (Only needs three people.)

We have a couple of previews up about them that you might want to take a look at. We also have a post up specifically about Theramore's Fall.

We've stated recently as well that those that do the scenario will see the aftermath. Everyone else will still see Theramore as it is. Eventually that will change for everyone, but not for a bit.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - Sept. 14, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/13/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Teelo
Is there going to be a lolchievement for doing it at level 85? A feat of lol?

I'm going to just stare at you for a bit if that's OK. *stares*

Ok.. done..

Some answers are easily learned next week when the Scenario goes live.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#46 - Sept. 14, 2012, 12:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm going to just stare at you for a bit if that's OK. *stares*

Ok.. done..

Some answers are easily learned next week when the Scenario goes live.
Translation: "I don't know, go datamine the MPQs and find out."

Noo.. that wasn't the correct translation. I was just having to debate how much answer was deserved for your partial question. ;)

So it could just be 3 dps & we'd be fine?

Any three classes. The speed at which you complete the Scenario may vary based on that (slightly) but they are designed to be run by any class combination.

Your ticket to ride is your level. If you don't have anyone to go into the Scenario with, we can provide people to group with via the queue.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#79 - Sept. 14, 2012, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/14/2012 05:43 AMPosted by Linias
Your ticket to ride is your level. If you don't have anyone to go into the Scenario with, we can provide people to group with via the queue.

Thank you for giving us some much needed answers Neth!!! Appreciate it!

I just went back to verify this further to make sure I wasn't giving incorrect information. (Sorry for the confusion folks.) There is also an item level that goes with it. At level 85 Theramore's Fall is set to item level 353. At level 90 the item level is currently set for 425.

If you're not at the correct item level for the level 85 scenario when it goes live, you still have some time before it releases (Sept. 18) and it will be running for a week at that level before it goes to level 90.