Penance needs to be fixed.

#1 - Sept. 13, 2012, 8:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Okay, hear me out. Not necessarily a QQ in the traditional sense.
But Penance is dealing way too much damage. With the way it currently works in lower level battlegrounds all i'm seeing is disc priests who damage, instead of heal. Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't disc a HEALING spec? Please stop giving players the tools to play their class/specs wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if I started seeing people try to play disc in 85 instances as DPS.
Because Blizzard is allowing it.

Anyways, i'm not really arguing the fundamentals of disc. I happen to love how it plays post 5.0. I'm just concerned with how "over powered" penance and disc damage is in lower levels. Mainly because if they're out damaging all other DPS classes/specs I feel it breeds a false impression that disc is competitive and viable at max level.

In which, its not. Granted you can still do damage and contribute to downing content. You aren't going to actually be able to play the spec as a DPS. At least not at this point in time.

/endQQ

That is all.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#65 - Sept. 13, 2012, 11:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think it's important for everyone to keep in mind that what you're seeing/experiencing is an incomplete picture. We've been working on maintaining balance through the levels as much as possible, but ultimately, the development team is tuning for level 90.

While there has been a spate of "nerf this/nerf that" threads because of these experiences, it's important to remember that these types of comments (nerf threads) are not generally very helpful. It also leads to flame wars from those that are at risk of being subject to said nerfs.

If there's a legitimate bug that you're seeing/experiencing, that's a whole other kettle of fish.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#81 - Sept. 13, 2012, 11:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Left hand:
I think it's important for everyone to keep in mind that what you're seeing/experiencing is an incomplete picture. We've been working on maintaining balance through the levels as much as possible, but ultimately, the development team is tuning for level 90.

While there has been a spate of "nerf this/nerf that" threads because of these experiences, it's important to remember that these types of comments (nerf threads) are not generally very helpful. It also leads to flame wars from those that are at risk of being subject to said nerfs.

If there's a legitimate bug that you're seeing/experiencing, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Meet right hand:
Since patch 5.0.4 was released, our Class Design Team has been working around the clock to tweak and improve all eleven classes’ damage, healing, and survivability in both PvE and PvP. As those developers look on here (and possibly reply), we thought this might be a good place to talk about balance issues specifically for characters at level 84 and below.

• In-game today, at lower character levels, what class/spec/playstyle do you feel most needs attention?

• Which talent/spell/action do you feel is currently overpowered or underpowered?

We will be participating in this thread as much as possible, and any off-topic discussion will be strictly moderated.

Thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm!

There's a distinct difference in providing constructive feedback in that thread (as was requested) from creating a "nerf" thread in the forums calling for the reduction of one specific spell for one specific class/spec. ;) You're more than welcome to take part in that thread within the context of those specific questions. I didn't feel it was needed to let people know that balance is ongoing. It's always ongoing and we're always taking constructive feedback.

I've closed this thread for now since it's one of many of its type. I've linked to the other thread so you can read through the feedback that was given on the beta forum. If you don't have a beta account but wish to discuss based on that thread, feel free to copy the context of it and start the discussion in that way rather than individual nerf threads.