They messed up

#1 - Sept. 12, 2012, 8:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Wintraders, DDoSers and Boosters still got their titles.
Forum Avatar
Community
#53 - Sept. 13, 2012, 2:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
13/09/2012 13:03Posted by Johnnyrotten
Those R1 teams lied, people said "yeah we got mail we're out" so people wouldn't report them.

blizz should be checking that stuff anyway.

We did not rely only on player reports for our investigation, however we did look into teams if we were contacted about them. We gathered reports from multiple sources and in the end all teams eligible for the rewards were investigated; any of them that were found to be exploiting or cheating were disqualified from the end of season rewards.

One large point to note is that it was the teams being disqualified and not the accounts of the participating players, which is where I believe the confusion is coming from. Before I go any further I want to make sure that you are all aware that the end of season rewards are account wide. This means that if one team on an account was disqualified for any reason but there was still another legitimate and eligible team on that same account, they could still receive the rewards.

I hope that this clears everything up and ensures that you are all aware that any teams found to be abusing the ladder and queue systems were sanctioned accordingly.
Forum Avatar
Community
#59 - Sept. 13, 2012, 3:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So why are some players on certain teams being punished and not the rest of the team?

You're pretty inconsistent with what the Armory is telling us.
How so?

As I said in my post, it is the arena team that gets disqualified from the end of season rewards and not its players. So if someone had two teams that were both eligible for the end of season rewards and only one of them was disqualified, their characters would still receive awards from the team that achieved its rank legitimately because of account-wide achievements.
Forum Avatar
Community
#75 - Sept. 13, 2012, 4:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
13/09/2012 16:46Posted by Harrianlar
But there are teams with some players who have got the title when it's their only team (which has been disqualified).
I think that you have misunderstood the statement. This is because on their account, another team on a different character has received the end of season rewards legitimately. The Feat of Strength is currently account wide which means that all of their characters have access to the Feat of Strength, but not to the title and mount.
Forum Avatar
Community
#77 - Sept. 13, 2012, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
13/09/2012 17:25Posted by Westlifeglen
Nop, only the mount achievement is account wide, the actual mount isn't.
My apologies, I did indeed make a mistake. It is just the Feat of Strength that is account wide for the mount and title, but the mount and title is only usable on the character that received the rewards.