Is EXP fixed yet?

#1 - Sept. 9, 2012, 4:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Last I checked, Valley of the Four Winds alone still didn't give enough experience to get someone from level 86 to 87 with guild perk. We're still forced to head over to Krasarang for a few bars, which I'm not a fan of.

Townlong Steppes left me 2 bars short of level 89 as well, which would mean we'd have to go back to wherever we left off in Kun-Lai or Krasarang.

Did they fix any of that? It doesn't make sense for Townlong and Valey not to give enough exp for a level, when Jade Forest and Kun-Lai do.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Sept. 11, 2012, 9:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We have definitely been tuning XP in Pandaria, and trying to hit a pace where a character with no rest, no heirlooms, and no guild is leveling comfortably.

There was a significant decrease in the XP required to level from 87-90 applied a couple of weeks ago, and there was a similar adjustment for level 86 prior to that.

Completed Kun-Lai Summit today, they lower the req. XP a few patches back so I was able to ding lvl88 by the Summit quests alone finally.

It's still tight though, by doing every single quest in the zone I have dinged a few quests before Shado-Pan area (my last questhub) ends. I completed the zone with no rested XP at all and unguilded.

This is pretty much what we're aiming for. We may still need to make a small tweak here or there.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#18 - Sept. 11, 2012, 11:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks Kaivax

Do we know the current total XPs required for each level from 85-90? Is this posted somewhere?

Currently
  • 86 13000000
  • 87 15080000
  • 88 18980000
  • 89 22880000
  • 90 27560000

The fact is -- most people are in guilds, or do gathering along the way, or run dungeons, or use heirlooms, or build up some rest. Some people only quest in groups (and are therefore able to kill many more enemies per hour). Some only ever play solo.

The values above may get changed a little bit in the next two weeks, but only if it can be demonstrated that they are still too high.